1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, two days ago I bought my third 1911, a Rock Island Mil-Spec. and got it for just under $400. Went out today and shot it. I am extremely pleased with the way it shoots right out of the box. I'll admit I was a bit leary about how a lower-priced 1911 would shoot, but I could not be happier. I definitely need new sights and maybe a beavertail, but still what a value! I almost feel chaeted that I paid so much more for my two Springers. Anyway just wanted to bragg on the RIA a little. Any other RIA owners have any mod advice or problems that they've experienced?

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i havent got to shoot my RIA compact yet. im hoping that their compact is reliable as well.. lol.

lots of people on here have said they are doing great with theirs, full size and compact.

i was surprised how well my compact was put together, now if i can just get the time to shoot it so i can carry it and save my full size springer for duty use!

good luck to ya

russel
SDMF

·
Registered
90 Posts
i havent got to shoot my RIA compact yet. im hoping that their compact is reliable as well.. lol.

lots of people on here have said they are doing great with theirs, full size and compact.

i was surprised how well my compact was put together, now if i can just get the time to shoot it so i can carry it and save my full size springer for duty use!

good luck to ya

russel
SDMF
if its a basic GI then i would put novak sights on it, some milling will need to be done with the slide, its pricy but those sights are nice

1 - 3 of 3 Posts