1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is what I started out with......

it stayed that way for about 10 minutes.

I then disassembled and transformed it into my first "ultimate Evo'd Savage 93

This project was a bunch of fun. Since I started with a snynthetic stock I had to buy some parts (trigger guard, screws, magazine plate) from Savage. A very nice lady took care of me there, I told her I was going with a Boyds stock and she told me evrything I needed, cost me $36 with shipping. I then hooked up with Dennis at Mizzou Mule Guns for the Mueller Tactical 8.5-25x44 scope and the Burris Signature Zee rings (high/matte). He was very nice to deal with. I need to install the sling/bipod studs yet and the Butler Creek flip-covers and then I'll be finished. Then it is off to my other project, a 10/22 in the same stock and with the same scope set-up. Thanks for letting me ramble, just wanted to share this with you guys.

·
Registered
59 Posts
That stock is really wild. Very nice.

On another note.....

Is your scope 90 degrees out (windage on top, elevation on left) or am I missing something?

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well.......I could tell you that I did that on purpose to see if anyone was paying attention.........but the truth is I was in too big of a hurry. It has since been mounted the correct way. :)

thanks also for the compliments.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Now that's a nice .17!
Where did you get that stock, if you don't mind me asking? What did it set you back? I checked Boyd's website before, but couldn't find any stocks listed for any of the rifles I was looking for.
I have a Marlin M917-VSF that I'd like to customize a bit :)

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the stock at StockysStocks.com Glad you like it. Thanks.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn't wait anymore. I finally got out and shot my Savage 17hmr today. It was 21 degrees with 15mph winds and Sunny. 65yds was all I can shoot behind my house, so that was all I could do today. The 5 shot group below is shots #6 thru #10 for the rifle, didn't take long to get sighted in.
The 5 shot group measured .94"
Everybody says these guns get better after some rounds fired, I can't wait.
:D :D :D :D I'm pretty Happy, if you can't tell.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Wait till the wind gets down to a few puffs shy of 5 MPH, they all will be touching
Continued Good Luck with your Savage, mines a shooter to.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts