1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saw an ad on another forum for a Shield holsters and it piqued my interest. Always wanted a holster, so I ran the ad by a friend and he said go for it.

It's a basic Kydex holster, but built for either IWB or OWB. Come complete with both sets of belt loops, that's a plus! It's made from .080 thick Kydex and fits the Shield like a glove, nice and tight but with ease of release when I go to grab the gun.

Here are pics of it:

IWB setup

OWB setup

Sorry, the pics don't do the holster any justice.

If you're interested or know someone that might be, contact Dave @ [email protected] He was a pleasure to work with and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another holster from him.

Price is $35 shipped and like I said, includes both sets of belt loops and he even threw in a few extra sets of screws w/backs in case I lose one.

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Skosh,

Thanks for posting these pictures and information. I have a new Shield and am needing a holster for it. I have one on order from my holster maker but I need one while I wait. I contacted Dave and found him to be very forthcoming with information and answers to my questions. I sent off my payment to him today and expect to have one of these to try next week sometime. The holsters looks well made and designed and it's certainly decently priced. I appreciate the heads up!

·
Registered
12,370 Posts
You show two different loops in the OWB orientation. Most makers of that design will offer both sets, but will send you either one style or the other, not one of each.

Is the Shield holster designed to use the two different style of loops at the same time? I guess the trailing pancake loop (that's what Raven calls their's) would pull the grip in closer, creating somewhat of an "Avenger" type of orientation with a pancake holster.

Or do you just have both sets of OWB loops and are just showing how they fit for demonstration?

·
Registered
939 Posts
Awesome bro I want one lol

·
Registered
380 Posts
Great price, especially for both sets of belt loops. The rear OWB belt loop is a nice added touch in that it should pull the grip in tighter. While I prefer the thicker kydex ones for OWB use, that is a not bad looking holster. Especially for the price including shipping.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
teog,

He says he doesn't have a website up yet. I emailed him with the address given in the first post and had a very quick response. At the present time, he only makes holsters for the Shield but may expand. I talked with Dave several times before and after ordering a holster. He is very responsive and helpful. Right now he requires a cashiers check or a Postal money order for payment. I expect delivery in less than two weeks from my first contact with Dave. I'm looking forward to receiving the holster this week, and I expect to be pleased with it!

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I've been remiss in reporting on the holster that Dave built for me recently. I received it as promised and it is very well made. The pictures at the beginning of this thread are as good as any I could post here. What I will say is that I had considerable conversation with Dave via email and Dave was very willing to communicate with me and answer my questions. My experience with Dave was in all ways excellent. His product is also of very high quality and the ability to use this holster either IWB or OWB makes it even better. All loops necessary to do so are included, as are a few extra black Chicago Screws just in case you lose one.

I am very pleased with my experience and with the product I received and Dave has my highest recommendation. At present, he only makes holsters for the Shield, but that could possibly change. Contact him via email if you are interested in a great kydex holster for your Shield: [email protected]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts