1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back in August I bought my first 1911 when I got my Kimber Ultra Covert 2. Well, last week I received my second.. A Stainless Kimber Ultra Carry 2. I ordered some Trijicon Night Sites for it, but should I send it to Kimber to get them installed or just to a local gunsmith??

I took her out and fired 200 rounds through, no issues at all. Ran another 150 through the Covert and still no problems.

Attachments

·
Registered
220 Posts
Awesome gun same one I have. It ran flawless out of the box. I also sent mine into Kimber to get the night sights put on and it was super quick.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Back in August I bought my first 1911 when I got my Kimber Ultra Covert 2. Well, last week I received my second.. A Stainless Kimber Ultra Carry 2. I ordered some Trijicon Night Sites for it, but should I send it to Kimber to get them installed or just to a local gunsmith??

I took her out and fired 200 rounds through, no issues at all. Ran another 150 through the Covert and still no problems.
I also have 1 and runs great sofar:)

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts

Congrats.

Kimber will only install the Mepro sights they sell. Any smith with a pres can do it, but with some of the horror stories told recently, I'd make sure they were a competent pistolsmith. It's a quick job with the right press.

·
Premium Member
495 Posts
I have mine changed over by my local smith. I run Henie Straight 8 Night Sites on several of mine.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the advice, guess I have to take it to a local smith since I have the Trijicon sights already here

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that Trijicon installs the sights for you. It is only $30 and they send you a RMA for shipping to them and they ship it for free!! Not bad. Our Gander Mtn smith said he would do it for $50 but there was an issue.... When i asked him if he could install Trijicon sights on my Kimber he had to look at his services offered sign before he could answer. It made me feel a bit uneasy. Oh, turn around time with trijicon is 2 - 3 weeks

·
Registered
284 Posts
Nice little Kimber .45......... and the black grips are the best looking for the stainless guns .......
I agree with you on the black grips for the SS but not the ones that come with,,, I thought the black rubber ones look kinda cheap. I replaced mine with L.D. Halfhog grips and it kind of classed it up a bit I thought.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts