1911Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a para ordinance p12.45 limited that I got at a pawn shop cheap and fired two rounds through it. The frame was cracked, assuming from the person that sold it to the pawn shop. I took it back and traded it in on this and I feel like I got a better gun. I'm in love with this thing now. Glad it worked out this way. This one was 400 bucks OTD. I'm extremely happy with my first 1911. Nothin flashy but here she is :)



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HighVelocity said:
Appears to be a Mil-Spec with a match bushing, commander style hammer and grip safety.
Need more pics!
I have no idea what model it is or anything. I'll stick some more pics in here in about 5 minutes. Gotta change my batteries in my camera real quick. In the mean time, I just figured 400 bucks for a springfield 1911 of just about any flavor was a damn good deal. I jumped on it. This thing is about 98%. Looks like maybe less than 50 rounds ever fired through it. It's still super stiff and tight like a brand new gun. Barrel doesn't even look like much of anything has passed through it. I'll get those pics up within 5 minutes :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Here come the pics. Sorry if they are bad quality. I'm not great at taking pics with this digital camera. Any info on this gun would be greatly appreciated :) I know nothing about 1911's yet although I own many other handguns in different styles.

On the side of this gun it says:
Springfield
Geneseo IL USA
NM158888

That's the only markings I can find on it other than the Springfield Armory and Model 1911-A1 Cal .45








 

·
Registered
Joined
·
323 Posts
Nice pistol. I agree that you came out good on that deal. Especially considering the damaged frame and you got into a full size real deal 1911 style.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
From what I've read and researched here... it seems like this is a mil-spec with some upgrades already made to it. It has metal trigger and a metal mag release, not sure if those are standard on mil-specs or not. It has the bushing, and the trigger that are different than in pics of standard mi-specs I see. Also, not sure if trigger work has been done but it's insanely crisp with NO pre-travel and breaks like a glass rod. Never felt a stock pistol with a trigger like that before. It's nice. Those are the obvious things I see that are different than the mil-spec.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Compared my NM Mil Spec to your pictures and noticed the following differences...your grip safety looks smaller and more squared, your thumb safety and slide stop are aftermarket, you have a commander style hammer and your mainspring housing is flat and minus the ILS.

My trigger and mag release are metal and the bushing on mine looks like yours. Can't see if you have the loaded chamber indicator in your barrel or not...mine has that. BTW I think this is the best fitting and nicest shooting 1911 I have had yet...this is my 4th...enjoy yours.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
bjr said:
Compared my MN Mil Spec to your pictures and noticed the following differences...your grip safety looks smaller and more squared, your thumb safety and slide stop are aftermarket, you have a commander style hammer and your mainspring housing is flat and minus the ILS.

My trigger and mag release are metal and the bushing on mine looks like yours. Can't see if you have the loaded chamber indicator in your barrel or not...mine has that. BTW I think this is the best fitting and nicest shooting 1911 I have had yet...this is my 4th...enjoy yours.
What's an ILS? Thanks for the info too. I've learned a lot about this gun from this site so far. I appreciate the help :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
27 Posts
Glad to be of help....

Internal or Integral ( unsure of which ) Locking System. Basically a mainspring housing that allows the user lock the mainspring in its fully extended position by using a little key. If the mainspring cannot be compressed the hammer cannot be cocked which renders the gun "safe".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bjr said:
Glad to be of help....

Internal or Integral ( unsure of which ) Locking System. Basically a mainspring housing that allows the user lock the mainspring in its fully extended position by using a little key. If the mainspring cannot be compressed the hammer cannot be cocked which renders the gun "safe".

Ahh. I'm glad it doesn't have that. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bjr said:
OK....enough of the chit-chat...how does she shoot ? :)
lol.
Haven't shot it yet. Going to the range on Saturday and I plan on puttin at least 200 rounds through it :) I'll post an update in this thread Saturday evening.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,409 Posts
Enjoy.

As was mentioned in your NM post, the primary differences are the one piece barrel, stainless barrel bushing, and finish work in the US so no "Made in Brazil" markings.

Your pistol is a bit older as it still has the squared Springfield frame. In addition, as has been noted, you have an aftermarket MSH, hammer, grip safety, thumb safety, and slide release. Hard to tell if anything else has been changed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GunsnRovers said:
Enjoy.

As was mentioned in your NM post, the primary differences are the one piece barrel, stainless barrel bushing, and finish work in the US so no "Made in Brazil" markings.

Your pistol is a bit older as it still has the squared Springfield frame. In addition, as has been noted, you have an aftermarket MSH, hammer, grip safety, thumb safety, and slide release. Hard to tell if anything else has been changed.
Awesome :) Thanks again for the info. It's weird that this is an older one. It's in practically brand new out of the box condition. I'm happy with it :cool:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Range Report

Happy to say that this thing performed flawlessly at the range. The slide is a little tight and it gets tighter when it gets dirty. I may need to polish it up a little bit. I'd rather it be too tight than loosey goosey :) I put about 200 rounds through it without a hiccup. I was surprised that it kicks less than my Glock 23 in .40S&W. It's a longer recoil, not as quick and snappy. Very manageable. I could easily double or triple tap accurately with this thing. I used a Concealed Handgun Test target. It's the man sized target with the 3 scoring areas. I started out at 10 feet just to get the hang of the sights, no problems. I moved out to 15 yards, man this thing is accurate. I used the head area of the target and literally drilled the whole head out of the target at 15 yards. I was quite impressed. This gun just took the number one favorite spot on my list pushing my Glock23 down to second place. I love this thing. The only complaint I have is the sights. They are lame. There is SOOO much room on the left and right of the front peg when sighting that it makes it hard to get it lined up. It takes me a little longer to get a good sight picture because of that. Other than that, it was perfect. :D Best 400 bucks I've ever spent on a gun :t
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top