1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I couldn't stand the ugly factory orange dyed grips on it, so I stripped them down to bare wood then applied a couple coats of tung oil and three coats of Renaissance wax and Voila! Not great, but pretty decent wood underneath. I also have a set of Altamont smooth bonded ivory stocks on the way too.
My Christmas picture to the forum. Best of the holidays to you all.

·
Premium Member
5,401 Posts
It looks great diamondback68 and Merry Christmas also to you!!

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Very nice! I admire the practice of keeping the standard wood stocks and personalizing them instead of just tossing the things away as some have done. Some folks like the feel of smooth grips rather than textured and can use them well; other, more sweaty-palmed types (like me), require a bit more traction assistance to function. I would suggest you look into a set of Allen-head grip screws as they give a more presentable finish than the slotted type IMO.
Best Holiday Greetings to you and yours also and here's to a fine New Year of shooting Rocks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
NICE! I love my CS, it my EDC weapon, 100% reliable never had a FTE or FTF, best feeling gun I have, still working on my FS custom, patiently tweaking n fitting but I'm loving the Rocks, my next build will be a Commander size

·
Registered
48 Posts
Very nice. Some times being thrifty turns out good

·
Registered
4,254 Posts
Really nice looking Rock. Good job on the wood. Mine came with the rubber grips which I like very well, however, I guess I'm in the minority being that the plain 'ol Rock wooden grips are by far my favorites.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
Very nice! I admire the practice of keeping the standard wood stocks and personalizing them instead of just tossing the things away as some have done.
Agreed. I tossed mine away almost immediately.
I like wood grips, but smooth wood just don't work for me.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys. I've never had a problem with sweaty palms and much prefer smooth grips, they are understated and just look sharper to me. YMMV Don't care much for sticky rubber grips either.:)

·
Registered
90 Posts
These small Rocks are fabulous! Absolutely love mine.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts