1911Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My early Christmas present. SW1911Sc Commander SS. I Paid 750.00 BNIB at a Gun shop in Seattle. Then I put some vz grips on it. Ive put about 200 rnds through it, without a single problem with different ball ammo (all the cheap brands) . This thing is way more accurate than I am. The sights (fixed) seemed dead on but im not the best shot anyway. But that will change soon. I struggled with which size/finish to get but I Love the one I got, its perfect for ccw and for semi-frequent trips to the range. I like the vz grips especially for ccw, b/c even the woods that it came with were kind of digging in.
I couldnt seem to get rid of the glare on the slide in the pics. oh well, enjoy.:rock:

[img=http://img219.imageshack.us/img219/8752/fall20050087jf.th.jpg]

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I would have gotten stainless if it was an option when I bought my 1911SC billboard. It's a beaut!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I use 2 250w workstand lights to shoot pics indoors so that I don't have to use a flash. it eliminates the hot spots if you bounce them off the ceiling.

here is a example of a recent pic I took.

Funny thing about the pic, is the only thing I use is the gun

·
Registered
179 Posts
pj41799 said:
Whats that funny looking logo on the top right corner then???? Looks like an imaging companys name. No wonder the picture looks so good
Thanks for the comment:) Its is a difficult picture to take because of all the glare and reflections

The logo in the corner is the tag for my amateur photography company / website

·
Registered
15 Posts
Well I think that is one good looking picture, and one good looking 1911. I showed my wife the picture last night and she was oooing over it. She really wants to get into photography but she is a real busy woman. Full time job and this family takes its toll on her. Maybe you could give some photo. pointers, it seems you know some good tips. Well Im finally going to buy my first 1911, a DK. Going to the gun shop right now..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ducman, thanks for the advise, much appreciated. About that tri-pod she does have one but i used it one day to sight in my rifle. To make a long story short, I owe her a new one. They just arent built to withstand the recoil from a 308. Oops. I now own a real tri-pod built for the use of a rifle and within a week I will have my first and brand new SW1911DK. Spent $973 for it but it was well worth the money from what I've been hearing round these parts. Can't wait already stocked up w/45s so their will be no delay in trying it out. I'll post some pics when I get it, after my 7 day waiting period (R.I.) Very excited..............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.