1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up my second hand Ultra CDP II this past Saturday on the way to the range. The gun was described as "like new", but that is a bit optomistic. It has been carried and shot a good bit, and had some surface rust discoloration on the outside of the barrel. It was also dirty inside. The exterior had been wiped, but the gun hadn't been apart for a good cleaning in quite some time by the looks of it. Still, I figured it would clean up okay and overlooked most of the deficiencies because I have wanted one of these for so long.

By the time I finished getting the deer rifles ready and moved to the pistol range it was raining........hard. Never-the-less I was determined to shoot my new pistol and it did not disappoint. Combat drills at 10 yards resulted in one big hole and I had zero malfunctions firing both 230gr UMC and 185gr Golden Saber. I only went through about 50 rounds before quitting, but by that time I was so wet that my car alarm remote in my pocket had shorted out. It was that bad.

For the most part the gun cleaned up really nice, though the exterior of the chamber could stand a pass on a polishing wheel. Overall I'm pretty happy with her, but the mainspring housing (PLASTIC???!!!) isn't a uniform color. I'd like to replace it with a SS or aluminum piece if anyone can advise a source. I don't know if it is the same spec as an Officer's model so any guidance would be appreciated.

Saleen

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, I'll be getting one of those real soon to fix the problem.

Saleen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts