1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was about to purchase a Nighthawk but now I'm really leaning towards the Gun Crafter's .50 GI with rails model....Any thoughts on these 1911s?

·
Registered
551 Posts
Looks nice but I'd go Nighthawk. I don't see how they can have all those larger and heavier items on the gun and it still weighs as much as a regular 1911. Plus, that .50 cal ammo is going to be EXPENSIVE!!!!

·
Registered
895 Posts
I'm just not impressed with the .50GI. Sure it wider/heavier than the .45acp but it's even slower! I'd take a warm .45acp load or better yet 10mm any day! Turbo-charge your 1911 with the .45Super and it leaves the .50GI in the dust as well.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Like SWThomas said above...expensive ammo!!!! I have always felt the
45acp is the best round for knockin' a body (particularly a human, but maybe a tasty animal too) to the ground. Not sure what your particular motives are for wanting a different round but if I were to get a 1911 in a different caliber I think I would go 10mm, and that sir, would be where a Dan Wesson comes into the picture :rock:. Just my opinion.

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Hard enough finding ammo as it is, stay with the cheaper, tried and true .45 acp.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts