1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have noticed a difference in the Les Baer forum vs the other ones I read. The other forums are all "I had this problem" or how to make it work or "fluff and buff" so it will work. I dont think I have seen a single post of that kind on this forum. And I have a Kimber 9mm 1911, a BP10 11 (13+1 45 hi cap) and a SW 1911PD, all of which work superbly and have out of the box for me. Those are quality manufactures (I thought?) and I would not expect much as much trouble from them as the forums would suggest. Apparantly others do not always have the same result as I have had with my guns.

I bought my Les Baer 3 days before going to the hospital for a knee replacement. Somehow never got to the range in those 3 days. So, in addition to the pain of surgical recovery, I have yet to fire the first round thru my new gun going on 10-12 days...and that hurts !!!

At least I dont have to worry that it will work given what I read

Best Rgds
david1911

·
Registered
381 Posts
Now that you mention it, my LB P-II is the only 1911 of the MANY I have owned, that has been 100% reliable right out of the box with ANY ammo I've shot through it.

When I first got it, I would've bet money it was too tight to even cycle a whole magazine of hardball through it. I would've lost that bet! It seems oblivious to bullet weight, shape, or materiel. It's wickedly accurate, really good looking, and above all, completely reliable. What more can one ask of a 1911?

Get well soon, and put some lead downrange with that new Baer!

Larry

·
Registered
745 Posts
no complaints?

Similar comment was made on the Wilson Combat forum, but the fact is, for both makers, there are occasional complaints. Not very many, it is true. Other forums will have left-handed slaps at Baers, eg, 'too tight', 'doesn't have to be tight to be good', etc. So what. My P-2 is not perfect as to its selection of features (IMHO, but if I had felt strongly about that, I didn't have to buy it. and sometimes you have to get something and experience it before you can really form a preference.) , but it sure is much more than good enough for the likes of me, and for the money. With more experience I find my tastes are changing in small ways, not necessarily so traditional minded as when I started. For example, the black synthetic finish on my FN Hi-Power is growing on me.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Good observation. Best of luck on a speedy recovery.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Anything made by man and using machines to do it will have problems! no matter how good the quality control is.

That said, Les does not get caught up in wasting his time finding ways to cheapen the quality of his product (as others do) in order to try and make an extra buck while damaging his name and credibility with the gun buying public.

Les provides the best quality product's, with the lowest possible prices, that keep his products very competitive with very little quality issue's, problems, or complaints.

:rock:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.