1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked this up for grins and giggles back during the worst of the COVID lockdown. It was reletively inexpensive, so I ordered one just to say I have one.

A 1911, BB gun. Shoots standard BB's using a CO2 cartridge, and shoots in semi-auto mode. Made by Uramax, it holds CO2 cartridges and BB's (about 18 IIRC) in the removable magazine. All controls work like an original, slide release, both safeties, mag release and such. All metal construction, some kind of Zamack alloy I'm sure, but it has a very nice heft to it. There is a weight in the magazine to make it feel more realistic. Grips are plastic, sights are basic GI type. You load the magazine, insert it, rack the slide. When you pull the trigger, it fires, the slide moves back, picks up another BB and is ready to fire again.

This one is a "John Wayne Commerative" with a bunch of John Wayne "stuff" written all over it. I've blacked out a lot of it with a No. 2 Pencil just to tone down the "engraving." It shows up better in the pictures than it does in the real world.

I've actually only shot it a few times, but it was a heep of fun. It'll keep a can rolling as long as you want it too.

And of course, I had to get a Thompson to go along with it. :) Kimber Micro 9 for size comparison. I hope it's OK here since it's not a 1911 in any way, shape or form.

Just like the 1911, the Thompson is all metal, all the controls work, it loads two CO2 cartridges in the magazine and 30 BB's in the magazine. Shoots both semi, and full auto. Stock, forearm, and handgrip are some kind of polymer, but I thought they were wood at first. They look and feel like it. It will empty a magazine before you know it.

· Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those look neat.
How many shots do you get to a cartridge?
I'd say about 50 or so. I've never really counted to tell you the truth. The Thompson will give you about four mags on full auto, more if shooting semi-auto, before the power starts to really fall off, but that one takes two cartridges.

· Administrator
81,055 Posts
I've got an entire secondary gun collection of airguns. Several 1911s, a Thompson, an MP-40, an UZI, a Smith 29, a P365, a Python, a Beretta M9A1, a Winchester 94, and an AR-15. Most made by Umarex which offers some scary realistic BB replicas. The full-auto BB guns bring a smile to my face each time I shoot them, especially since the real ones are illegal where I live.

The best and most realistic 1911 replicas are made by KWC, like your John Wayne commemorative. There is a WW2 M1911A1, a Series 70 Colt, a Springfield Mil-Spec... all the the same pistol but with a different paint job and all take the same spare BB/CO2 magazines.

Reactions: CajunBass

· Registered
1,194 Posts
Nice! I got a passel of airsoft guns to practice for the real ones before I got into shooting. Two of them (both 1911s as it happens) are still functional; the revolvers all broke. Considering a proper airgun version of 1911 for practice but for practice a airsoft gun is fine and easier to build backstop for. Though my backstop will stop a .22 pellet gun and even a .36 b.p. with a light load...(don't try that, it stinks up the basement and you have to open windows).
But my fav. airgun in a vintage diana pellet rifle with hooded front sight and nice wood stock. Accurate and quiet.
I only have a twenty yard range in basement for bow and airguns but when I move hope to have big enough yard I can shoot outside (at least with air rifles if not actual firearms) without alarming the neighbors (and plan to outfit an outbuilding with enough soundproofing to at least shoot a .22 sixgun with quiet rounds, or b.p. pistol with light loads).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts