1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My RIA 1911 Goverment model but my hand while firing yesterday. It's the first time it's done this. But, I have put on some weight recently. Can someone recommend a good beavertail grip safety for it.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
Kings, www.kingsgunworks.com, makes several different styles from "drop in" to "needs to modify the frame".

Wilson's, www.wilsoncombat.com, have the same.

And then there is the BIG BOOK, Brownells, www.brownells.com, for a large number of choices.

How were you bit? If you got your hand caught between the hammer and the spur of the grip safety, there is an easier way to solve the problem; chop a little off the hammer spur and cover up the machine marks with cold blue.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim V said:
How were you bit? If you got your hand caught between the hammer and the spur of the grip safety, there is an easier way to solve the problem; chop a little off the hammer spur and cover up the machine marks with cold blue.
I'm not sure, I didn't notice it til after I stopped shooting. There is a little spot on the fleshy part of my hand between my thumb and index finger that was either rubbed or pinched raw while shooting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
can't imagine that it was anything but the hammer that bit you... mine used to do the same.

Remember that you have to replace or cut the hammer to clear a beavertail or govt wide grip safety.

Shane

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
My RIA Bit Me
Its hungry feed 'em somemore. :D

If you got your hand caught between the hammer and the spur of the grip safety, there is an easier way to solve the problem; chop a little off the hammer spur and cover up the machine marks with cold blue.
I'll go with that, its cheaper and easy to do.

If you must get a beavertail safety and other parts, checkout this outfit http://www.cdnninvestments.com/index.html they're great people to deal with.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts