1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sometimes I get so caught up in buying, selling, trading, shopping and reading and posting on the forums that I forget how much I enjoy a simple trip to the range. After all, it IS what brought most of us here in the first place...isn't it?

Attachments

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks bigedd.

Pretty informal session. I have ten full-size mags and loaded them randomly with 4, 5, 6 or 7 rounds for the Springer and Colt. (I just have the two factory mags for the Sig.) I was using 3 different loads: PMC Bronze; Blazer brass (both FMJ) and Remington UMC JHP. All 230 gr. Shooting was indoors at around 9-10 yards.

Each string started with a 'called flier' but when I did my part all three guns did theirs. I shot the Sig first. It wants to jump a little more due to the lightweight, compact frame but the front strap checkering really gives a good hold. I really like this gun, my newest of the three.

The Colt feels the smoothest when I'm running it. Something about a stock blue (ok, kinda black) Colt.

The Springfield Loaded was my first 1911. Even before I started I was planning on running more rounds through it than the other two. I'm planning on sending it out for some custom touches soon, mostly cosmetic, and wanted to determine whether it needs any reliability or accuracy work. When I get a new (nite) front site I'll be asking for a slightly shorter one to raise POI slightly, but other than that looks like we'll stick with prettying it up some! Obviously I had that pretty bad flier at 9-o'clock but I don't mind saying I'm pretty impressed with the rest of that group!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts