1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my second norinco yesterday. BTW, this is a used one. While I was cleaning and stripping it last night I saw some differences between this one and my first one. This one has an extended ejector. And also, the lanyard loop in the mainspring housing is missing ( Arched type). The serial number is 528xxx for this one. The first one serial number is 422xxx. I would appreciate it very much for some light on these differences from other forum members. Thank you.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
ECH, are you in the US of A or elsewhere? If here, what are the importer's marks and where are they?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jim. I am from Land of Lincoln, Illinois. Both of them have the same markings. The left side of the gun has the following markings.
Slide: MODEL OF THE 1911A1 NORINCO 45 AUTOMATIC
Frame: MADE IN CHINA BY NORINCO, C. S. I. ONT. CA.

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
My 422XXX has the same markings and it came with an arched MSH w/ lanyard loop, my 600XXX is marked on the right side of the frame after the serial number Safari Supply Inc. ONT. CA. My later one is marked SSI ONT CA. But that doesn't answer your questions. As far as I can figure out there were several different changes made as prodeuction went along, all pistols had arched MSHs but the lanyard loops would come and go almost on the whim of the person putting the pistol together as I have reports of pistols with and without lanyard loops with serial numbers that were within a small range of each other. All the MSHs were serrated and not checkered and more than a few were serial numbered to the pistol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts