1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was another beautiful day in Western Kentucky perfect for busting caps. My son is home for a couple of days from baseball training at school and brought his friend from Ghana, Africa. Theopholis (the one from Africa) had never shot a gun of any kind before coming here (he stays with us on all breaks and vacations, like a second son, as he won't return home for 5 years). The first time here my brother ask him if he wanted to shoot some. He said sure and that was it. "Sir, may we shoot today?" "Sir, do you have any work you would like done? Sir, maybe when we have finished we can shoot some of your pistols or maybe the shotguns?" How the hell can you not love that? Welcome to America!!

Here's a pic of my son and him setting up a target. As usual we put wood chips on top, that's the real targets!

Here's a shot of the 'war wagon'...

My son is shown here going over a souped up Buckmark with him...

And here the back side of the 'target'...

When we were done I ask him which gun he liked best and he said "the one you are wearing (DW) and the 22. Which do you like least? "The little one (LCP) and those plastic ones (Glocks)" I immediately thought of our fearless moderator's signature line.:rock:

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Glad your son, enjoys shooting with you. Thanks for teaching the youngsters how to shoot. What did you expect him to like Best?????:biglaugh:
Also some really nice pics.........
Clyde

·
Registered
167 Posts
I feel sorry for that TV box!! LOL's
Looks like all of you had a ton of fun!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
Not even a mouse could of lived in that box.:biglaugh:

·
Registered
429 Posts
I see a lot of holes in that tv box, but none in the wood chips you were shooting at....... :biglaugh:

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
Congrats on a great place to shoot. Tracy

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Welcome to America is right on the $$ kingdad.:rock: Hope someone took the TV out of the box. Whooops!:eek:

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
Hey, your boy's got a Cardinals hat so we know you raised him right.

That's a great range, and I'm jealous. It's great you can share it too, especially with a foreigner. That's awesome.

·
Premium Member
693 Posts
very nice range you have there I wish that I had the acreage to shoot at my place, looks as though a good time was had by all.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I am jealous.....man that is a beautiful place to shoot. Looks like you and your sons had a great day!!! I think it is awsome that a father and son can enjoy shooting and the great outdoors together. I just went with my young son (10 yrs. old) to the range last weekend along with my father (they both had a blast by the way). So....there were 3 generations enjoying the range together......one of the best days shooting EVER!!!

Take Care, Mike Arnold

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
I'm glad you took the TV out first:) Thanks for the pictures. What a beautiful place to go shooting. Here in the northwest you have to drive for miles to find a place to shoot outdoors. The liberals have "No shooting zones"
everywhere. :bawling::bawling:

·
Premium Member
5,634 Posts
That's a very cool story. Life is about experiences and the memories of them - you're making a big difference in that young mans life with what you're sharing with him. Great stuff!
"the little plastic ones" :biglaugh: That's great!
Good on ya!
Sarge

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a very cool story. Life is about experiences and the memories of them - you're making a big difference in that young mans life with what you're sharing with him. Great stuff!
"the little plastic ones" :biglaugh: That's great!
Good on ya!
Sarge
Actually Theo (the African) is making a bigger difference to my family. When he said goodbye to his family it was for 5 years. He goes back with a masters. We gave our son a PT Cruiser when he got his license a few years ago. It was my wife's, we bought it new, it is Vanilla Ice, leather and all. We bought her a new ride and he got that. Before Theo, it was 'when am I getting a new ride?', 'I found a truck I want'. Haven't heard that in a while. We've been blessed.

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I'm glad you took the TV out first:) Thanks for the pictures. What a beautiful place to go shooting. Here in the northwest you have to drive for miles to find a place to shoot outdoors. The liberals have "No shooting zones"
everywhere. :bawling::bawling:
You would love Kentucky! Those signs would be shot to hell before dark.:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey, your boy's got a Cardinals hat so we know you raised him right.

That's a great range, and I'm jealous. It's great you can share it too, especially with a foreigner. That's awesome.
Of course he wearing a Cardinal hat! Actually he plays ball at Lindenwood U. just outside St. Loius (St. Charles). At Lou Brock Stadium.:rock:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts