1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Wood Gun accessory

Here's mine. I have an extended magazine release on it (short thumbs). I don't worry about the slide stop, as if I've locked the slide open, I'll stick in another magazine (hence the longer mag release), and use my off thumb to hit the slide stop, since it's already there, having delivered the new magazine. It's a nice-enough gun, but not my best shooting .45, unfortunately. I also swapped out the trigger for a better looking old STI trigger, that I liked better than the Ruger trigger. It's fun to shoot, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice ratwhacker! Is that an arched mainspring housing? I always have my guns set up for one handed shooting (I'm not much of a two fisted/weaver stance king of guy). I'm more of a point and shoot kind of shooter. My finger can point at any thing naturally no need for all that squinting.

·
Registered
650 Posts
That was an arched S&A magwell I had on it at the time. I truly like the arched housings better, as that's what I grew up with, and what feels best to me, even now. I've since taken off the magwell and put it on a SA Garrison, which I shoot better.

God gave me two hands. I use them both when shooting.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I may have posted this photo before? I put arched msh on it as my 1911s all have with the exception of a Cimarron Arms 1911 that I bought for display purposes to honor my grand dad who fought in WWI. It is still unfired.
Anyway, I really like my Ruger SR1911 but I'm not a fan of laser etching on guns so I had this done to mine.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Everyday carry

·
Registered
28 Posts
I may have posted this photo before? I put arched msh on it as my 1911s all have with the exception of a Cimarron Arms 1911 that I bought for display purposes to honor my grand dad who fought in WWI. It is still unfired.
Anyway, I really like my Ruger SR1911 but I'm not a fan of laser etching on guns so I had this done to mine.

View attachment 651889
Wow sharp

1 - 11 of 11 Posts