1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to get myself my one and only high end 1911. Budget is up to $2600. Will be used for carry, home defense, range. Here are my requirements:
1-commander size
2-all steel
3-bobbed grip
I appreciate all input for my quest.
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ed Brown Kobra Carry

NHC Talon II with bobtail

·
Registered
691 Posts
xkalifornian said:
I'm looking to get myself my one and only high end 1911. Budget is up to $2600. Will be used for carry, home defense, range. Here are my requirements:
1-commander size
2-all steel
3-bobbed grip
I appreciate all input for my quest.
Merry Christmas
Consider a Wilson Combat CQB. (Possibly with a light rail for a weapon light for home defense) There are holsters available for use with the light attached, plus you can still take the light off and use it that way, along with plenty of holsters.
For approximately that price (mine was $2749) you can have almost all the bells and whistles, including a seperate upper for shooting .22lr. You will love the looks, fit, feel and function of the Wilson. (I am completely satisfied with my CQB)

·
Registered
673 Posts
wilson or ed brown both top notch but dont even try and kid yourself saying im only gonna get one.only in your dreams.you will buy more. so let the fun begin.your safe will be full and your pocket-book empty.welcome to the world of addiction to 1911s

·
Premium Member
20,430 Posts
My bobtails. The Kobra Carry is the ultimate!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Buy a Springfield GI or Mil-Spec and use the rest of the money to buy some custom leather, a wheel barrow full of ammo and a new gun safe. :rock:

But seriously I have always thought that if I ever wanted to get my ultimate 1911 I would search world for a pristine mint cond authenic WWII Colt .45.

or something like that.

·
Registered
15,317 Posts
no-brainer

With that budget in hand, simply contact the fine folks at www.egw-guns.com

Then wait (patiently.....waiting waiting waiting) until your new none-better pistol arrives.
Then go shootin' and be happy.

Off the shelf?
Ed Brown
Rock River Arms
Wilson

1 - 9 of 9 Posts