These two liberal actors have sided with Saddam Hussain

and Osama Bin Laden and against our own country,
as demonstrated by Penn's going to Iraq prior to the
war in protest of our pending attack to remove the terrorist
regime of Saddam Hussain, saying that we have no right to
attack innocent people and that it was the Bush administration
that is starting this war.

Let us not forget 9/11/2001.

I figure I have no way to let the liberals in Hollywood know that they are just actors and not representative of mainstream America, by myself.

But if each one of us route this note to all of your friends who support our troops and the administration, and make sure that they do not go to this movie. Encourage all you know not to go to it.

By doing this, these actors won't be able to get a job. Look what
it did for Alec Baldwin's career! He's a washed up actor that watches his mouth these days.

We have two days until this movie starts. Let the boycott begin.
Route this to every loyal patriotic person you know and stay away
from this movie with these anti-American activists. These are two very outspoken hate ministers and we can make a difference..

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Yeah this movie is set to be one of the best movies of the year but I wont be watching it because of how outspokenly anti-American the stars in it are.

Sean Penn going to Iraq and allowing Saddam to use him as a propaganda tool was one of the most disgusting things Ive ever heard of since Jane Fonda.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Everything I've seen that Penn has done since Fast Times at Ridgement High has sucked, so I just take it for granted that anything new that he's in will suck and I won't see it. As for Robbins, I liked a couple of his films, such as the Shawshank Redemption, but for the most part, his movies really bore me too.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
I can actually thing of a bunch of movies that they put in solid performances in. Ill grant they arent generally super stars that movies are built entirely around. Anyways, the important thing is many Americans are refusing to go to movies when actors choose to foolishly shoot their mouths off with their unpopular leftist stances. Most of us can (and in the past did) handle paying money to see people we know are left of center, but what we arent prepared to do is listen to these people vomit their garbage all over the constitution, the flag, the country, God, people we respect and so on and THEN pay them for it. Look at the way Clooney has been bombing since the 9/11 Charity scandal and then his outrageous personal attacks against Chuck Heston.

While we are talking about this you guys should take the oppurtunity to take this poll at BillOreilly.com. As of now its like 91% to 9% that an actors politics effect movie choices.

Bill Oreillys Website

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That movie will bomb. NO one want to see garbage, even here in the Pacific Northwest, where liberals outnumber the humans, no one has seen or even mentioned this movie. THat is a good sign.

Tim Robbins, Pean, sounds like a downer from the start. If you were to watch the movie, all you would see is Pean crying a lot and mabie Pean crying some more.

All this anti-war protest is called "FREE PRESS" for a washed up actor.

·
Registered
27,682 Posts
I doubt seriously if this movie will "bomb". As it is being touted, it will probably be a candidate for best picture at the Oscars. I wouldn't be surprised if Bacon, Penn and Robbins aren't up for Oscars also. You may not like it's message or it's actors but this movie will do well.

Well maybe not as well as Porky's Revenge but pretty well.:D

·
Registered
809 Posts
I will avoid movies from this point forward with either of those two actors as well as Johnny Depp. I wish they'd put their money where there mouth is so we could charge them with treason and either jail or export them.

$.02 Theo :)

·
Registered
27,682 Posts
One of the truly great things about this country is that people can disagree with great passion. While the split between left and right is huge at this point in history, we are all still Americans with the right to our beliefs and core values. I for one, wouldn't want to deport folks that disagree with my position. We not only can question our government officials, we should. A government unwatched and unchecked (whether liberal or conservative) is a government that will become more for it's values than it's constituents. We elect these people, we need to keep an eye on them to make sure they are doing the right thing.

I know I won't do this quote correctly and I am not sure who said it but it is very apropo.

"I disagree completely with your views but I will defend to the death your right to have them."

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
How would any of you reconcile your comments on the movie and it's actors with Clint Eastwood being the director? He's always been considered part of the conservative wing of Hollywood. Eastwood is an icon out there regardless of his political views. Has anyone found any documentation on his views concerning second amendment rights?

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Who knows about Clint. But two big hollywood types who are big on free speech are together in the same movie. coincidence.......?

It looks like the enemy is collabrating......

Run those reds back to commie Russia:D

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Paladin said:
How would any of you reconcile your comments on the movie and it's actors with Clint Eastwood being the director? He's always been considered part of the conservative wing of Hollywood. Eastwood is an icon out there regardless of his political views. Has anyone found any documentation on his views concerning second amendment rights?
Even if Mr. Eastwood is pro RKBA / Conservative, the message against those two actors must be sent. If this movie is stone walled it would make the studios re-consider casting them in another movie.

"if you lie with dogs..."

Difranco

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
BillD said:
I know I won't do this quote correctly and I am not sure who said it but it is very apropo.

"I disagree completely with your views but I will defend to the death your right to have them."
It was Voltaire. The actual saying I believe is, "I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." I paraphrased Voltaire during an argument with Paladin once when he was having an episode about the Patriot Act and Paladin and his Smoking Chump buddies implied I was crazy for saying it (because they were ignorant I was quoting Voltaire I can only assume) and I believe Paladin said I was mentally challenged and a dangerously unbalanced kind of gun owner.

;)

Then again I dont expect a modern "liberal" to have too much respect for Voltaire. I believe another one of his famous quotes is something like, "The central theme of all government is stealing as much from one class of people as possible and giving it to another."

Paladin said:
Hes conservative in an overly authoritarian sense. Kinda like Bill Oreilly. My politics dont mesh well with either of them from what I know. Im very laissez faire and generally tend to be far more libertarian in my politics than either of them.

·
Registered
809 Posts
You sound like a man who knows where he stands. Principles are the concrete under the shifting sands of time. Stand firm and only allow yourself to be fortified by sound reason.

Theo :)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Mus said:
It will win best picture more than likely.
Now I know it must be a piece of garbage. :barf: Anything the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences likes shouldn't be approached except with full HAZMAT gear.

·
Banned
1,482 Posts
Mus--Hard for you to keep from personally attacking me even when I'm not present, or just posting a low-profile idea or question? If you're going to disparage me, the least you can do is find the specific quote from my post rather than begin something with "I believe he said....". Besides the fact that your reference to me has nothing to do with this topic. This is a movie review, for pete's sake. It has nothing to do with you and Voltaire, you and me or liberals and their respect for Voltaire.

Now, getting back on topic. Difranco....I'm curious, if someone like Tom Selleck or, in his day, Charlton Heston were starring in a movie directed and produced by liberals, would you espouse boycott of the film because of the role of the liberals regardless of the participation of conservative actors? And similarly, would you endorse or understand liberals boycotting Selleck's films or other actors who have been identified as conservative? I personally love Selleck's work, especially the westerns, and would never consider not enjoying them because of his political views. Case in point, I understand Kevin Costner is a recognized and outspoken conservative in Hollywood. However, I saw "Open Range" twice--bringing the family the second time. And it even starred Robert Duval, who is also a well-known conservative in Hollywood. Duval is one of my favority actors and I never miss one of his films. I felt "Open Range" was the best western since "Unforgiven". And the topic was a terrific one as well. This is not, by the way, a confrontational question. I'm just curious about your thoughts concerning the difficult issue of boycott brought up by this Eastwood film topic.

·
Registered
523 Posts
My own generalized wayof rating movies is to not see the ones critics get all mushy over. They tend to be the worst ones.

1997 Titanic
1998 Shakespeare in Love
1999 American Beauty
2000 Gladiator
2001 A Beautiful Mind
2002 Chicago

Gladiator was OK. All the violence helped some. ;)

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Paladin said:

Charlton Heston were starring in a movie directed and produced by liberals, would you espouse boycott of the film because of the role of the liberals regardless of the participation of conservative actors?

That would never happen, after cubby Moore tried to make Heston look like a chump.

·
Registered
11,100 Posts
Paladin said:
Mus--Hard for you to keep from personally attacking me even when I'm not present, or just posting a low-profile idea or question? If you're going to disparage me, the least you can do is find the specific quote from my post rather than begin something with "I believe he said....". Besides the fact that your reference to me has nothing to do with this topic. This is a movie review, for pete's sake. It has nothing to do with you and Voltaire, you and me or liberals and their respect for Voltaire.
I dont need to dig up the quote. Everyone remembers the little Smoking Chump incident.

Voltaire came up.

And the conversation does have to do with me you and liberals. Pay attention.

Paladin said:
I'm curious, if someone like Tom Selleck or, in his day, Charlton Heston were starring in a movie directed and produced by liberals, would you espouse boycott of the film because of the role of the liberals regardless of the participation of conservative actors? And similarly, would you endorse or understand liberals boycotting Selleck's films or other actors who have been identified as conservative?
Its got nothing to do with their liberalism. We already know that Hollywood is liberal and has been infested with Communists since the 1930s. Everyone knows that and has gone to movies anyway. Its the outspoken anti-Americanism thats leading to the boycotts.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by Paladin; edit by Difranco
Now, getting back on topic. Difranco....I'm curious, if someone like Tom Selleck or, in his day, Charlton Heston were starring in a movie directed and produced by liberals, would you espouse boycott of the film because of the role of the liberals regardless of the participation of conservative actors? And similarly, would you endorse or understand liberals boycotting Selleck's films or other actors who have been identified as conservative? ............. This is not, by the way, a confrontational question. I'm just curious about your thoughts concerning the difficult issue of boycott brought up by this Eastwood film topic.
I take it on a case by case basis. I usually do a weighted scale (not a hard and fast rule) but if say 55% of the names attached to the promotion of a movie (Headline Actors, Directors, and producers) that voice politics (RKBA usually) that I do not agree with then I will wait to rent the movie. If that number rises above 66% then odds are I won't even rent the movie. If it happens to be a movie I want to see, then I usually borrow it from someone I know that owns it or get it from the library.

Take for instance, LOTR: The Two Towers, the actor that plays Aragorn/The Heir of Gondor is Viggo Mortensen. He is for strict gun control. I looked around on the net for interviews of other actors in the movie, and usually the topic never arose in the interview (or couldnt find an interview). So I went to see the movie.

To address the second part of your question concerning liberals doing similar boycotts. For me this not a Liberal vs. Conservative issue, as I do not fit into the cookie cutter definition of either side. If someone wants to boycott products and services of companies for whatever reason it is fine with me so long as they do not try to impede upon other people's right to choose those products and services.

That's why I dont buy Levi's, shop at 7-Eleven and other places that give to groups such as The Brady Campaign / VPC.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts