1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to find my ideal 1911 & I'm trying to see if Kimber has it in their line up. 1st off, I want a fullsize, steel gun. I've had a Colt '91a1 that I had slightly customized & a SA Mil Spec and niether really "sang" to me.
I'm thinking maybe a Custom Target, a TLE or an Eclipse this time around...comments, suggestions, recommendations???
Why Kimber over another manufacturer?

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
The three guns you named are essentially the same gun with different finishes and features. The Eclipse and the TLE both have front strap checkering and night sights. The TLE and Custom have the same finish. They will all shoot great out of the box.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, there are no functional or fit or significant part differences? If that's the case, sounds like I might do oaky w/ a Custom II...

·
Premium Member
20,302 Posts
The Custom Classic is the original Kimber that started it all!

·
Banned
141 Posts
10-Ring said:
So, there are no functional or fit or significant part differences? If that's the case, sounds like I might do oaky w/ a Custom II...
Nope, no significant differences, I'd go with base model too, because everything can be made exactly the way I like it ...

·
Registered
398 Posts
I you look at the Custom Target II, it has a more easily replaceable site (no milling), if you want to go to a BO-Mars later...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts