1911Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Specs

I feel that Hollywood should follow Don Johnson's lead and be more Gun Frendly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I didn't know Nash was shooting a .38 Super. I thought it was a 10mm Delta Elite with a compensated and chopped barrel. Anyway, neat to see they posted the gun stuff. --Brian

·
Registered
318 Posts
I like the concept of a comped Commander so much that I bought a similar (but not the same) gun by Lew Horton. It is also 2-toned. A working man's non-Hollywood copy, but it mimics the gun on the show. Still a 45ACP, which is my preference. I love that show, though.

·
Administrator
18,614 Posts
Too bad that is such a terrible photo...

·
Registered
281 Posts
Gunz,

I've got one of those too! Beauty. Much nicer looking than the Nash Bridges gun. Loud, too. Nice to run across someone else who snagged one.

Regards to all.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
What we looking at for a price on "A working man's non-Hollywood copy"?

·
Registered
953 Posts
Have you guys noticed how big that gun looks in his hand? I think that it is interesting how most guns in T.V. and the movies are compact or commander versions. I guess they do that to make the smaller actors look larger than they are. Any way nice post.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Lupey,

Note that it was not me who described it as a working man's copy. List price was $899 and only 500 were made. It came out of the custom shop by way of Lew Horton. I'll post a photo if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Originally posted by Ledbetter:
Lupey,

Note that it was not me who described it as a working man's copy. List price was $899 and only 500 were made. It came out of the custom shop by way of Lew Horton. I'll post a photo if anyone's interested.
Would love to see a picture. I watch the show and always wondered what it would cost me to get a duplicate. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,232 Posts
Cool gun guys..

I have a carry comp super built on an SV frame, holds 19 rounds..

Pretty easy to carry too. I'm on the wait list to have a single stack carry comp in 9x23 built. I love short comp guns.
If you go the custom route the price tag gets around 2k, could be less if you go with less modifications. Springfield had a line of carry comps for awhile, i just saw a single port 45acp model for about $650 in a local gun store.

[This message has been edited by eerw (edited 07-18-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts