1911Forum banner

Nash Bridges' Colt Commander.

2532 9

Specs

I feel that Hollywood should follow Don Johnson's lead and be more Gun Frendly.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
I like the concept of a comped Commander so much that I bought a similar (but not the same) gun by Lew Horton. It is also 2-toned. A working man's non-Hollywood copy, but it mimics the gun on the show. Still a 45ACP, which is my preference. I love that show, though.

·
Administrator
17,797 Posts
Too bad that is such a terrible photo...

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
What we looking at for a price on "A working man's non-Hollywood copy"?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Have you guys noticed how big that gun looks in his hand? I think that it is interesting how most guns in T.V. and the movies are compact or commander versions. I guess they do that to make the smaller actors look larger than they are. Any way nice post.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Lupey,

Note that it was not me who described it as a working man's copy. List price was $899 and only 500 were made. It came out of the custom shop by way of Lew Horton. I'll post a photo if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Originally posted by Ledbetter:
Lupey,

Note that it was not me who described it as a working man's copy. List price was $899 and only 500 were made. It came out of the custom shop by way of Lew Horton. I'll post a photo if anyone's interested.
Would love to see a picture. I watch the show and always wondered what it would cost me to get a duplicate. Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,092 Posts
Cool gun guys..

I have a carry comp super built on an SV frame, holds 19 rounds..

Pretty easy to carry too. I'm on the wait list to have a single stack carry comp in 9x23 built. I love short comp guns.
If you go the custom route the price tag gets around 2k, could be less if you go with less modifications. Springfield had a line of carry comps for awhile, i just saw a single port 45acp model for about $650 in a local gun store.

[This message has been edited by eerw (edited 07-18-2001).]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.