1911Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was considering ordering some ammo from the people at Natchez. Do you have to send a fax or letter with your ID stating that you can buy ammo?

I don't like the thought of someone having this info anymore then they already do.

Plus how much is shipping?

[This message has been edited by WDG (edited 10-13-2001).]

·
Registered
674 Posts
WDG I have their catalog right in front of me. It doesn't really specify. Most places do so they can prove you are legal age. You can call their info line at 423-899-0499 and they will be able to answer all your questions.

They ship UPS ground so it depends on how much weight you order and what zip code you are in(distance from them)for the shipping cost. Plus UPS bangs you with an additional $15 hazmat fee on top of the regular shipping cost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I ordered some ammo from Natchez by phone for the first time a couple of months ago. The guy asked me if I ever ordered from them before, which I replied, "no". He never asked me how old I was or requested that I fax any ID info. I wonder if they can verify age from the credit card I used.
I live in Illinois where many companies don't like to deliver ammo. But I had trouble-free business from Natchez and Aimsurplus. Cheaper-Than-Dirt only requires that you agree to an online waiver that you are old enough to purchase ammo when purchasing online, however, their rules state that you must fax them ID info when ordering by phone.

Shipping costs from Natchez depends on the Zone you live in and shipping weight.
My order weighed about 12lbs and shipping was approx. $6.50

·
Registered
207 Posts
I have ordered from them before. While they don't ask for age, when the package arrives an adult signature is required, that might satisfy the age verification issue.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I had ammo delivered to me by UPS plenty of times now and even though the packages were marked ORMD and signature required, the UPS guy just left it on my doorstep.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I am speaking of Natchez shipments. I have ordered from Ammoman.com and UPS left it on the steps, but ammoman.com verified my age before shipping. Anyways, who cares how they get it to you as long as it gets there.

[This message has been edited by BKC45ACP (edited 10-13-2001).]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Originally posted by Ripper:
UPS Hazardous Materials charges only applies to gun powders or primers, not ammunition.
Thanks for correcting me Ripper. I was trying to read all that little print and the lines ran together.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I ordered ammo from them recently. There was no ID/letter required, although I did have to sign for it when UPS delivered the case I purchased.

[This message has been edited by Drago (edited 10-28-2001).]

·
Registered
454 Posts
Originally posted by WDG:
I was considering ordering some ammo from the people at Natchez. Do you have to send a fax or letter with your ID stating that you can buy ammo?

I don't like the thought of someone having this info anymore then they already do.

Plus how much is shipping?

[This message has been edited by WDG (edited 10-13-2001).]
natchez charged me 25.00 shipping to
colorado, ouch there blazer 45 price
is good but that shipping is a little high. i have been ordering from kiesler
for 157.00/ 1000rds delivered. that new
factory fmj 230gr, and it shoots great.
buy a shotgun news

G

·
I haven't had to send any id prior to ordering. I use plastic. They told me directly that it is not their job to police the public for ammo purchases.

That simple little statement is why I buy from them.

------------------
Guns don't kill people,
People kill people!

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
I have bought from Natchez many times. I have never done paperwork. I used plastic. The stuff makes it to Texas in 3 business days like clockwork. I have not had a single bad order with Natchez. While I used to do the phone option, I now do it all over the internet. Very cool and very convenient.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts