1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw a number of reputed National Match 45's at a recent show? All had arched mainspring housings with lanyard loop, 1911A1 style hammer and grip safety and large fixed sights with undercut ramp on front. Only I had a NM part # on the bbl bushing. Only 1 had NM markings on the bbl hood. United States government property on the left side dust cover. do these sound authentic?

·
Administrator
73,813 Posts
Be careful with those. Many are indeed authentic, but it is also very easy to cobble one together in a garage. Many collectors only view those that come with official release papers from the DCM as being truly authentic.

·
Registered
131 Posts
NM pistols, had the frame serial numbers stamped on the barrel & slide. Sometimes
the last 4 or so digits, some with the full
number. Later NM replacement slides had the
number under the firing pin stop, like the
old days. The above depended on what year the
pistol was redone. Rear sights were also proofed on some fashion as well.

Bill

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a NM from the stockpile i mentioned earlier. It has a genuine Colt frame with a Rem rand slide. The barrel, slide and frame are serial numbered. The blued barrel is in excellent condition. The left side of the frame has 2 punch dimples where apparently the armory did a hardness test. any thought on approximate value range/

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
IMy pistol has a Micro blued rear adjustable sight, a capital T stamped above the mag release on the right side, NM stamped on the guard bow and SA stamped on the right side of the frame. is this correct?

·
Registered
131 Posts
They are bringing $900 to $1200 depending
on finish, bore condition, & how tight they are. The early 1960's versions had a very
nice,tight slide to frame fit & they all have
a nice barrel lock up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks to all of you for your patience in dealing with my ramblings. Now I have to decide if I want to keep it as a shooter or sell it to a collector and get me a shooter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts