1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have one of these? I just purchased a 5" Wells Fargo version and would like to know more about it either pro or con. My thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
I have a 7" Model that I've been very happy with. The accuracy is pretty decent, although I'm still trying to adjust to the sights. The Navy Arms is a great reproduction. The gun is well balanced and recoil is mild even shooting one-handed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Got the 7". Shoots POI at POA with Winchester CAS loads. For humor I load it with speedloaders I sue with my S&W 625 45LC. If a stage caleld for reload on the clock, with a little practice you could dominate the match with aq Schofield!

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The faster reloads are another reason why I chose to buy this gun. The Colt SAA style of loading and unloading seems so slow by comparison unless you are Bob Munden.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Me too!

like you, I opted for the 5" Wells Fargo model. Haven't fired it much yet, and my old eyes have a little trouble adapting to the sights, but that should come around. I bought it primarily because I have always liked the Schofield style and Navy Arms had a repro at a reasonable price. Fit and finish is excellent. Hopefully we both will enjoy ours for years to come! :cool:

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, mine is in .45 Colt eventhough it is improperly labeled .45 LC! No such thing, but that is another issue. I am concerned that my gun does not drop its extractor star and I am wondering if soemthing is wrong with it?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I called Navy Arms and they said the extractor star should drop and that it might just need to be cleaned in that area. Anyone else have this problem with their Navy Arms Schofield?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
No

sorry to hear of your problem. Mine is working fine (he says as he crosses his fingers) so far. I do know that mine was originally shipped in an excessive amount of fairly thick oil. Is it possible you might have some oil or such gumming up things?

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I plan on giving mine a real scrub down cleaning before I declare it broken. I'll talk to the guys at the range where I pruchased it to see if they have any ideas. They have an amoror who might be able to help.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I plan to buy one of the .44 Russian replicas, myself. That spur trigger guard is just too cool :)

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I too like the .44 Russian model except I just can't get into loading yet another caliber. I wish they would scale it up to fire .45 Colt, kind of a "Wild West" fantasy piece. I know the .44 Russian model is a great shooter based on what I have read in the gun rags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts