1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was watching NCIS tonight and Ducky made a statement that 70% of all people killed is from their own gun. Didn't realize that David McCallum was such an anti? I'd like to know where he got that statistic from. Anyone here heard of this before?

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
This should really be posted in a general forum so it gets the appropriate attention since it's not gun specific. Maybe even in the politics and legal forum??

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Silly me, I thought actors on TV shows just read the scripts that were written by someone else. I didn't know they could interject their own political views in the middle of a show.........:rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,966 Posts
The only statistic I have seen along that line is that some quite large proportion of cops killed and injured on duty are shot with their own guns. Does not apply to citizens.

The usual anti-gun half-truth with that number is that "70% of murder victims are killed by relatives or acquaintancies." The idea is to make the non-enthusiast fearful of his gun owning contacts. The whole truth is that robbers are acquainted with their partners with whom they might not wish to share the proceeds (And they are sometimes acquainted with their victims of inside jobs, too.) The hooker is acquainted with her pimp, the pusher with his customer and his supplier, and the wacko who drowned her children is related to her victims. None are normal law abiding citizens and they are not going to respect gun laws any more than they respect the law against murder.

David McCallum is not on the NRA list of actors who have lent their celebrity to anti-gun propaganda.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Silly me, I thought actors on TV shows just read the scripts that were written by someone else. I didn't know they could interject their own political views in the middle of a show.........:rolleyes:
Besides which, there is more anti-gun propaganda from the "news" media then from all of the "entertainment" programs put together.

If you are going to worry, let's get after the main source of the broadcast problems - the media.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
That's not a statistic. It's called a fabrication.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.