1911Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Colt made a run of them back in the mid '90s. Springfield has made them in a couple of configurations through the years, dunno if they have a .40 offering currently.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. My goal is to have a .357 Sig (9x23 would also do) in a 1911 platform. Have someone to make the barrel and fit it, just need the gun. Did see the STI in .357 Sig but it's way out of my price range.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Mmmm 357SIG 1911 :). Yes you will want to go with a gun thats allready a .40 if you plan on converting it to 257 SIG, ALmost all of my SIGs I own in .40 or 357 have the conversion barrels to go both ways, mags everything else lines up perfectley.

·
Registered
399 Posts
rtab1,
I am currently working on the same conversion. Mine is based on a Spingfield Loaded model that was offered in 40. They were discontinued a few years ago, but are still around if you look. Have you found a barrel yet? Still waiting for mine. Tried Nowlin and gave up after several months of waiting and excuses. I have a little over a month into my wait with Bar Sto now.

·
Registered
399 Posts
rtab1,
I spoke with KKM and he didn't give me a real good feeling. He either didn't understand what I wanted or ? Anyways, he told me he couldn't help me. I spoke with Bar Sto this morning and I should have my barrel this time next week. Can't wait!

·
Registered
399 Posts
rtab1,
I didn't get it either. I told him I needed a 5" bushing bbl with a Wilson Nowlin ramp. On their web site most all of their 5" bbls are bull style, but they have a full selection of 6" bushing bbls. Maybe the bushing was a problem, I don't know. Anyhow, Bar Sto took good care of me. Crossing my fingers that the semi-drop in proves to be a true drop-in. Be nice not to have to run to the smith for a change.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.