1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Turner 1 1/4" tan leather military style sling on my Springfield M1A. I want to put one on my Ruger Mini 14 as well. Only problem is that the Ruger's sling attachment loops are 1" and are non-removable and Turner only makes 1 1/4" slings. So I guess I am in the market for a 1" tan leather military style sling...the high quality the better, but preferably under $50. I have found the following...

...from Hunter (scroll down to the fourth photo...item #200)
Hunter Sling

...from Uncle Mike's (item # 26112)
Uncle Mike's Sling

...from Triple K
Triple K Sling

...from Boyt (they don't specify width but they have two different ones, the SL6K and the SL7K (same price)...I expect that one is 1" and the other is 1 1/4")
Boyt Sling

I expect that the one from Triple K is total crap. The photo of the Hunter is terrible so I can't really comment. The Uncle Mike's looks decent, but nowhere near the quality of my Turner. The Boyt looks nice too. Does anyone have any experience with either of these four or any other 1" tan leather military style sling that would care to recommend one? Thanks!

(Edited to add the newly found Boyt information)

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
You might want to check Sinclair's. They carry a lot of match rifle competition stuff, although most of their stuff is probably more tricked out than you'd like.

I've got an Uncle Mike's 1" tan for my Mini-14.

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Sundance said:
Are you pleased with it? If you had it to do over again, would you buy the Uncle Mike's or keep shopping?
For slogging around & plinking, it's just fine. Wouldn't want to do a 20 mi. march or hunting with it, though.

·
Registered
412 Posts
I have one of those Hunter Military style 1 inch slings on my Win 30-30 and I like it alot. They work well for me. My brother has one on his Finn M-39. I perfer it over those nylons ones. I think I paid $17.00 for mine.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Fulton Armory, THE source for everything M1A, has exactly what you want.
Take a look - www.fultonarmory.com

·
Banned
976 Posts
Try this, they're the choice of many military high power competition shooters...

I was going to suggest Turner, but you already have it and apparently they don't make a smaller model.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts