1911Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
This is probably not en vogue, but I've been using a Galco belt for the past 5 years, and it's only getting better with age.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just received my second belt from Milt Sparks, so I highly recommend them. This time, I went from a 1.25 width to a 1.5, which really helps carry the weight of a heavier gun. One tip that has made a big difference for me: in addition to having the width of the holster loops match that of the belt, having a belt that matches the size of loops on your pants is a plus. The 1.5 inch belt accomplishes this for me, and it really makes a difference in the stability of the platform.

Mark
[email protected]

·
Registered
731 Posts
I'm waiting on a belt from Mark Waldon, so I can't say first hand what I think, but I have only heard great things about his products (enough that I ordered one). I can say that Mr. Waldon has EXCELLENT customer service.
www.waldonholsters.com

Good luck,
Billy Ray

·
Registered
265 Posts
Another vote for Milt Sparks. The 1.5" MS belt that I have is extremely supportive and also very comfortable.

B

·
0 Posts
I have a 1.25 Milt Sparks belt in Sharkskin. It's perhaps the most affordable sharkskin belt available and quality is excellent.

·
Registered
685 Posts
If you haven't already, you can check out this thread for a long list of suggestionshttp://www.1911forum.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000341.html

I bought a Dillion 1.5" belt and it's become my everyday belt (we're casual here at work). It took a week or so to break in as it was quite stiff at first, but now it's very comfortable. I'm hoping to get a fancier belt later on from another manufacturer.

When I load up with mag pouches, holster, and my 1911, everything feels rock steady.

------------------
Steve "El Roto" G.

[This message has been edited by El Roto (edited 02-28-2001).]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts