1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The good news is that I have lost a lot of weight since I ordered my holsters and belts from Milt Sparks.

The bad news is that my brand new ~$100 belts are now too loose, even on the last hole.
In 10 days I have a training course, and I need good 1" belt that is the right size.
Milt Sparks backlog is huge, so I am looking for a 2nd place supplier who might have some stock on hand.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
TGR

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Dear Texas, We have 11/4" belts available for immediate delivery. We have a choice of black or brown in sizes 32" to 46", 50", 52". If we hear from you by 3:30 est we can ship it this afternoon and you will have it on Monday. Please call 1-888-959-4500 or order from our website http://www.concealedcarry.com.

Stay safe, Gary

M

·
0 Posts
You'll find professional quality belts among my products. My products feature top grade leather, heavy duty brass hardware and heavy stitching.Check out my offerings, might find something you like.

------------------
Waldon Holster Co.
Custom Crafted Perfection

Quality Holsters at an Affordable Price
[email protected]
www.waldonholsters.com

·
Registered
72 Posts
www.kramerleather.com

Heh, I don't work for Kramer... but they seem to be the only ones offering horsehide belts. Advantages of horsehide include being less porous, thereby being less affected by moisture. It is stiffer and stronger than cowhide in the same size. It does take a while to break in and get the right "feel", but it is worth the extra time and expense. I suggest the 2 ply 1.5" belt, as I have been nothing but happy with mine. I, too, am on my last hole after losing some weight, and wouldn't consider replacing my existing belt with anything other than the same style. Good luck.

·
Registered
731 Posts
Here's a vote for Mr Waldon. I have one of his belts--excellent does not do it justice.

If you need a quick and dirty solution, have your local cobbler punch some new holes in your belt.

Congrats on losing the weight.

Billy Ray

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would recommend Gordon Davis. He has a web site I believe under Davis Leather. His # is 541-667-8239. I am still wearing belts that he made for me 20 years ago. They are the best

·
Registered
724 Posts
http://www.thewilderness.com/Pages/home.html

Check out the Original Instructors Belt. Dillon Precision keeps stock in normal sizes or order direct if you need an odd size. Read their instructions on measuring, it’s a little different. No holes to worry about either. I think they are better than leather for range use.

Why is it “My” belts always seem to shrink (pants do too come to think of it)???

------------------
Whoever said you can’t buy happiness never owned a good 1911!

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Send your belts back to Sparks. They will shorten them correctly for a nominal fee.
As for an interim/replacement belt, see what Lou Alessi or Dane Burns has on hand.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'll cast another vote for the Wilderness belts. My 1.5" Instructor's belt (5 stitch) is stiff enough to support my CCO, but comfortable to wear. If you need something smaller, they've got a 1.25" double D ring that should work. These aren't dress belts though, but look great with jeans and kakhis and don't scream "gunbelt" for casual dress.

ChefBob

·
Registered
113 Posts
Frankly my question is why not simply cut the belt down and add some new holes to it?
If you don't feel skilled enough to perform the surgery then take it to the shoe repair and he can do it. That is barring that its one of those ranger belts of course. Just a thought. Money don't grow on trees. Or at least not where I live anyway.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by Andy:
Send your belts back to Sparks. They will shorten them correctly for a nominal fee.
Well, I wish I had known that earlier...I took their caveats on belt length issues to heart and didn't even call. Instead, I sold them at a tremendous loss. Money doesn't grow on trees here either, but it was well worth it considering it as part of the cost of loosing weight.

I ended up getting a belt from Bullman leather at a good price and in just a few days.

I would never just hack it off, since there was decorative stiching, tapered, finished edges, etc. -- it would have ruined the belt.

Thanks for all the help though.

--BTC

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
You may call Rafter S Gunleather. www.raftersgunleather.com They made a whole rig for my 1911, quick and cheap. I'm not going to do them justice, but their quality is second to NONE! If you search for rafter and my name you should find pictures of my rig and a write up.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
TGR,
Seeing as it was one of our belts, it's too bad you hadn't contacted us first. We like to shorten belts from the buckle end and as long as we are removing at least 3 1/2 inches of length, you wouldn't know it had been shortened by looking at it. We can also add length if needed by splicing additional leather to the buckle end.

There is no wait on repairs or needed modifications on returned items. In most cases we can ship them back the same day we receive them. Repairs and modifications are of course, limited to items of our manufacture only.

Congratulations on your weight loss and also sorry for the additional expense you had to incur. I'm sure you're happy with your new Bullman belt though. Josh makes nice stuff.

Tony

------------------
Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc.
www.miltsparks.com
[email protected]
Second Best is not an option

1 - 14 of 14 Posts