Discussion Starter #1
i'm in the processof updating my wardrobe &
i've added a few pounds & need a new,good
heavy belt. any of you fellow Texans out
there know of a good custom maker, saddle
shop or boot shop around the Houston or
Beaumont area that can fix me up? i need 2
belts(prefer a ranger style if posssible), 1
to be 1 1/2 for jeans & 1 1/4 for khakis.
also want them to be made from harness leather(the good heavy stuff). i do know &
have bought from Maverick Gunleather & they
have some great top-shelf stuff, but the last
time i saw them at the Astrohall show, they
didn't bring much to sell & they had a big
backlog, so they told me.
anyway, if anyone has suggestions or knows of
someone out there, it will be much appeciated
thanks guys
hydrashock185

------------------
if you can't get it done
with a 1911 GIVE UP!!!

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
If you want to stay local, check around the Farm Centers/Stockman supply stores to find out who does saddle work in your area. You can get a pretty good belt that way.

Another thought check the Holster Link from the main page and see if any of the big names are close enough for you.

Gator

------------------
www.afn.org/~guns

[This message has been edited by swampgator (edited 03-22-2001).]

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hydrashock185, Mark The Holster Guy is listed at the top of the page as the first co-moderator. I believe he is located in the Houston area, and can fix yo up with a belt in any price catagory. Check him out.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Originally posted by swampgator:
If you want to stay local, check around the Farm Centers/Stockman supply stores to find out who does saddle work in your area. You can get a pretty good belt that way.

Another thought check the Holster Link from the main page and see if any of the big names are close enough for you.

Gator

JIm Burke in Paris ,TX makes a really good ranger style belt. I have been using a 1 1/2" version for about 3 yrs now and it still looks good and supports my hardware well. I believe I gave $50 for it at the Wanaumacher Show in Tulsa. If he's there next month I'm going to buy a black one.
a 1 1/2" will fill the loops of most kahki pants I've used better than a 1 1/4". You will get better support of gun and mag pouches that way. I only have a couple of pairs of slacks that have smaler loops. I have 8 or 9 suits and about 20 pairs of docker type slacks for work and they work fine with the 1.5" belt. Most holsters have 1.75 inch slots so the closer to that size belt the less shifting and more rigid the position on the belt.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Lou,

Off the top of your head what's the largest belt you've ever made?

We made a belt for a guy with a 64" waist! I wish we had a dedicated website to post a photo of it, cause it's as long as I am tall.

Anyway figured you'd get a kick out of that.

Gator

------------------
www.afn.org/~guns

·
Registered
624 Posts
Swampgator, A 64" waist? God, where do you find leather long enough? We buy shoulders, and backs, never sides, so I can't even come close to that size. I think the largest belt
I have ever made so far has been a size 56.
I thought I was going to run out of thread on the sewing machine!
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Hey Swampgator, That's a nice looking SAA rig on your web site. Very nice., and one of my favorite guns too!
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Longest belt we ever made was 68 inches to the middle hole.
Had to special order a side as opposed to our usual bend, in order to get enough length to fill the order.

His occupation?? He's a food broker. He obviously enjoys his work.

Tony

------------------
Milt Sparks Holsters, Inc.
www.miltsparks.com
[email protected]
Second Best is not an option

·
Registered
335 Posts
I am a regular VM-II user and love them. But Tony, I saw a complete set from you this week in cordovan; belt, VM-II and Mag pouch. Wow... what a beautiful set. I may have to call Allan and get a set like that on order. Excellent work as always.

------------------
Bubba
www.dbl-tap.com

·
Registered
624 Posts
Mark W. I sure do apologize. I didn't mean to slight you by not refering you also in my earlier thread. I pointed Hydrashock to Mark
the holster guy because he is near Houston.
Now Hydrashock, you make sure you visit both of their sites, so I don't look like a turd..
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

M

·
0 Posts
Not to worry Lou. That never even crossed my mind. I just saw the part in the threads about long belts and wanted to post the longest I had done.

MarkTHG has a darn good belt and since Hydrashok is in the Houston area your advice was spot on.

------------------
Waldon Holster Co.
Custom Crafted Perfection

Quality Holsters at an Affordable Price
[email protected]
www.waldonholsters.com

·
Super Moderator
13,351 Posts
R
Originally posted by ArmySon:
68"??????????? considering my waist is 28" and I'm 67" tall LOL
Son, you need to eat more.

------------------
"If she can cook chicken, she suits me to a T."
Ray Charles

[This message has been edited by Ricky T (edited 03-24-2001).]

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Like I said if we had a real website I'd like to take a photo of me holding up them up. We actually made two. With my arms in the surrender position the belts touch the ground! Not that anyone would actually want to see a photo of moi.

Lou, the cowboy rig belongs to Harry the co-owner. I am, according to my wife, just the "do-boy" for the outfit. But I get a lot of free stuff! So it works out. We had to order a side for it.

It do take quite awhile on the sewing machine for something like that!

Son, when you get married it's assured you'll add about 1 1/2 to 2 inches to your waist in under 5 years. It expands exponentially after that.

------------------
www.afn.org/~guns

1 - 16 of 16 Posts