1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a Brownells MSH and I didn't like the fit, so I returned it. I really want a Stainless Steel MSH to replace this plastic POS MSH. Can anyone give me a reommendation on a MSH that'll fit a Custom Stainless II just as well as the factory MSH?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
20,304 Posts
I've always liked Ed Brown's parts. I've even got a stainless Snakeskin MSH on my Colt, and it fit perfectly on a Kimber Gold Combat also.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I've installed Smith & Alexander MSHs on all my Kimbers and "ILS" Springfields, they fit fine.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I second the recommendation for Smith and Alexander's MSH. Have them on both my Custom CDP and on my Pro CDP. Excellent service, too.

Mike Sigman

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I also recommend the S&A MSH.:)
It fit tight, but it fits right!:p

Attachments

·
Registered
171 Posts
Arched mainspring housings....aren't they designed help correct the point of aim for those with slightly smaller hands? Or is it the other way around. I have big hands and prefer the flattened type but it's been a long time since I used an arched type. I'm planning on replacing the MSH on my Gold Combat (to correct the checkering LPI count)....want to make sure I get the right style for me.

·
Premium Member
5,062 Posts
I'm not sure if that is the intention, but it does help with the way I "point" a 1911, as it fills up the lower part of my palm. And yes I have pretty small hands.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Stupid Question

Does the caliber come into play when swapping the MSH? I have the 9 & 10 and want to swap out the plastic for Stainless.:confused:

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Nope, no difference from the factory based on caliber. Just buy the new one, take out the old one, swap the internals, and reinstall.

I have heard some 10mm shooters run a heavier than stock main-spring to try and tame the higher slide velocity, but doubt it does that much good.

·
Registered
249 Posts
45_THUD said:
Trask....
did you buy your EB SS LIP locally?
Did you go with the mag well version?
I bought it through Brownell's. Initially I removed the mag well from Kimber's msh but that left two holes on the bottom of the msh, and that bugged me. Also Kimber's msh was 20 lpi and I wanted 30 lpi to match the front strap checkering. Hence the Browns part.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts