1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to which sights you guys think I should use. I want a sight recommendation to fit a stock Norinco slide that DOES NOT require milling or alteration of the slide. Basically, I want to be able to put the stock sights back on if needed.

Preferably a 3-dot system with an adjustable rear sight.

Also, price is a factor, so no recommendations for a $200 custom wonder-product that's back-ordered 6 months :)

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Claven, give King's a try: Reasonable prices, lots of no-alteration options. Good luck..

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Why not have Dlask do it. he is closer and a good smith.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sight recommendation for Norinco

I would go with the Chip McCormick drop in rear and a stake on front or dovetail front. DO NOT USE KINGS PARTS!!!! The metal is crap. I have multiple broken parts experiences with their sights and other misc. parts. Chip's sight will drop in without modification.

·
Premium Member
490 Posts
CMC

drop in rear sight is a good choice IF you do not need windage adjustment. I have one on an ORM 1991A1 and like it very much.
I have used King's parts and services for over 35 years and they are top notch. Don't know of anyone having problems with their stuff.

·
Registered
21,770 Posts
Brownells sells Tanfogilo adjustable sights that fit the GI dovetail, assuming the Communist Chinese did a faithful copy there. You will probably need a new front sight which will have to be staked on. Some of the Tanfoglios come with a front, some don't - those are supposed to work with the factory front, but you will have to buy a new front to get the dot. Or if the factory front is tall enough, you could dimple it with a drill or burr and paint it white like the factory does. Brownell also sells King and Brown individual front sights with dots.

That won't alter the slide, but the old front sight will be pretty well destroyed getting it off. Maybe the rear, too, I have seen them so tight they had to be cut out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts