Votes: 8 34.8%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have it sort of narrowed down to two brands, Siderarmor and Comp-Tac. I already have an VM2 but am looking for a kydex for IDPA. It has to be OWB. I'll probably be ordering a wilderness belt as well, 1.5" but not sure about the other oprtions with this belt any suggestions. Please vote to which one I shoudl get and if it's "other" please indicate preference. Note: I've already discounted Fobus and Uncle Mikes. :) Ok before i forget, what are yoru thought on a sweat guard on OWB holsters, makes sense IWB but I'm not so sure about OWB.

Thanks

·
Registered
101 Posts
I have two Comp-Tac belt holsters, and they are awsome. I highly recommend them! They are very comfortable, well made, and very fast.

As for the Wilderness belt, they ROCK! I have a five stitch instructors belt that's about a year and a half old, and it's still going strong. I'm on a trip right now, but my wife has the Frequent Flyer 5 stitch belt waiting for her at home. I would definitely recommend the 5 stitch belt though.

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I have a Blade Tech OWB holster that's about 7 years old with thousands of presentations. It is still in excellent condition. I don;t know anything about their injection-molded stuff, but their kydex holsters are high quality.

I have a few Wilderness 5-stitch instructors belts and have been wearing them for uniform police duty, training, and daily CCW for about 2-3 years. They are absolutely top-notch equipment. The only problem I had was with one of the velcro patches coming off. It was the small peice at the front-end of the belt; the piece that keeps the overlap from flopping around after the belt is cinched. That piece disentigrated after the stitching came loose. A short trip to Pat Catan's and 10 min with a needle and thread fixed it.

·
Premium Member
2,470 Posts
I highly recommend all of these. You will be hard pressed to find better CS than that of Comp Tac

Comp-Tac paddle. The slide version perfect for IDPA imho.
Comp-Tac single mag holder
Wilderness instructor 5 stitch no lining / Ti buckle, because it is SO much less and doesn't scatch.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.