1911Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Kust got back from the range, 200 trouble free rounds. Bring home, disassemble, clean, and reassemble like i have done a hundred times. When cycling the slide to check the function, i can feel a catch during the cycling. Sometimes it is smooth, then it will be hard to move. Sometimes, i can let go of it when it catches and the slide stays back about 3/4 of the way. I feel like it is my plunger catching the slide. I have re-lubed the gun so it has lubrication. Please help if you can, i dont want to send it back to kimber!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Not sure if this would cause it, but did you check that the recoil spring's "crimped" end is to the rear, by the slide stop? I've heard people have problems if its reversed; may cause galling on the slide or guide rod.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i fixed it somehow. I took some sandpaper and smoothed out the top of the disconnector and the bottom of the breech face that first touches the disconnector and it works fine now. Thanks for your help TC, that was the first thing i looke for when i took it back apart.

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
If it was the disconnector, you may want to detail strip the gun and make sure there isn't a build up of "gunk" between the disconnector and the trigger bow.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts