1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I was shooting my Makarov at my local range and I started to notice that the one magazine won't lock back on the last round. Several times I thought I had misfires with the ammo and it turned out that the slide was slamming shut on a empty chamber. If I have the empty magazine in the pistol and rack the slide by hand it will lock back, but if I'm shooting HP or FMJ out of it It won't work. There is no problems with it feeding or jamming either and I don't have any problems with the other one I have. Could it be the follower given me problems? I checked out the slide realese and there don't seem to be worn or damanged. Any suggestions would be very helpful!

Thanks!

crougeux

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I vote for the mag spring too. try swapping the mag springs between your magazines, and see if the problem switches to the other mag.

·
Registered
75 Posts
AIM Surplus currently has used Makarov magazines for sale, at $5.95 each, or $4.95 each if you buy 4 or more. I suggest that route too... I did. :)

http://www.aimsurplus.com

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! I'll try the magazine spring swap and see if that is the problem. I'll also check out Aim and see if they still have any more. Thanks again!

crougeux

·
Registered
427 Posts
Yep, I'd look at swapping mags.

I've never had a problem with the slide locking back on any of the half dozen or so I use regularly.

Don't bother to swap springs with higher-priced ones - just buy another mag for what they go for.

If AIM is out, Makarov.com always has some.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts