1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need advice on a holster. I have seen the CQC at RF Holsters and it looks interesting. Here are my issues to deal with.

Hot humid midwest, large untucked polo/Hawaiin shirt in summer time for concealment. Employer has "no firearms" policy so I may have to take off and on a couple of times a day. Dress is usually jeans or the like so 1 1/2" belt is OK. Average build but I do have the love handles to contend with. IDPA legal a plus.

I was thinking about IWB but I carry a Walther P99 which is thick like Glock and USP so that may not be the best route.

What is your recommendation/advice on what may be best? I will check posts but email reply would be appreciated. Also a clearer picture of the holster. Many thanks in advance for your time.

[email protected]

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a CQC/S that I use for my HKP7 in the very gun unfriendly Big Apple (and humid and hot all summer). It is very quick on and off (once broken in) and very concealable. As for IWB, I have never found that comfortable and I do not like buying pants once size too big. The Alessi is the best holster I have tried and my box of holsters includes Kramer,Rosen and Sparks. Lou is also a one in a million guy in working with to make his holster work you and your choice of gun.

·
Registered
624 Posts
Sar, Thanks for the endorsement. I appreciate that very much.
WaltherP99 Man, Check your e-mail.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.
You'll never know it's there, until you need it.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Hmm... I also have a holster problem. I just bought a Desert special from a Dillon dealer at the last match I went to, and the metal screws used to secure the (Teflon?) rails are scratching up the finish on my new gun. Lou, do you make an IWB holster Govt size without metal on the inside? I don't mind the blueing wearing, but I don't want it to scratch.

------------------
-Electric Armadillo-

·
Registered
624 Posts
Electric Armadillo, Yes we do. You can see most of our holsters at: www.rfholsters.com
Dane Burns also sells the GWH IWB which we make for him exclusively, and that can be seen at: www.burnscustom.com
Thanks for the inquiry.
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mr. Alessi, just got a chance to check email. Wow, is that pretty! I am leaving for a trip in a few minutes but when I get back I would like to correspond some more about this one.

In the meantime, could you send me pricing for the holster, matching belt, and mag pouch(s). Also, what colors are available, and do I order through RF or to you directly?

Thanks so much for your help!

Armadillo, I have seen GWH he makes for the 1911. Check out the pictures at Burns Custom, you won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
624 Posts
WaltherP-99man, Have a great trip.

Check your e-mail when you return. Info you requested will be there.
Thanks again,
Lou

------------------
Alessi Holsters, Inc.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts