1911Forum banner

Need help identifying value of 1911 (non-A1)

2586 21
Hey there, I'm posting in an effort to help a friend identify the year of manufacture and value of a Remington Rand 1911 that he acquired many years ago from a family member.

I have examined the pistol in question and it is marked Remington Rand and is a 1911 (non-A1) and looks to be of WWI (likely 1918) manufacture. The particulars are as follows:

1. Finish - perhaps a worn Park or Bluing of some type looks original has a nice patina and no rust evident except for slight amounts on the grip screws.

2. S/N 201XX.

3. Barrel Stamped with "H"

4. Frame Stamped with "EEC" -- Which we already know from The Sight M1911 - to mean: “E.E.C.” is the mark of Edward E. Chapman who inspected 1911s at Remington in 1918 and 1919." www.sightm1911.com/lib/history/who_made_it.htm

5. Trigger Guard Stamped "115"

Any info you guys can provide is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

DR
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

· Registered
2,715 Posts
My Ithica came from RRA also and the papers look the same so those are good to go. Mine was released in 62 so RRA must have shipped a lot out from there.

· Registered
3,597 Posts
Unusal for it not to have a rebuild mark like AA. The paperwork shows the SSN was sold by the gov. It can not confirm it was shipped with a Rem Ran slide but this is a UMC frame with 1911 hammer, slide release and Mainspring Housing. It has 1943 and after Colt grips. I would call this a Remington UMC with RR slide. The gov does strange things and this gun is possible but I would attempt to prove that the gun was unaltered after shipment. It is interesting so enjoy it.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.