1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A woman I've worked with for years who just lost her husband called to tell me about a Colt she'd found among his things.

She wrote down what she thought was pertinant information then turned the gun over to her son, who has no interest in it.

She said she can cover it with her hand, the last patent on the gun was 1917, and the side said "Colt DTSA." She didn't write down the caliber, but thought it was a .22 or .25.

I'm not an early Colt expert but it sounds like a Baby Browning- like .25 ACP. Does anyone have any idea what this gun might be? I won't be able to get over to her house until later in the week.

She said the SN was 373155 and that her husband was given the gun by his dad.

Thanks!

Brent

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That sure looks like her description- thanks a lot. I'll know soon enough.

Anyone have any idea what I should advise she sell it for in terms of price?

Brent

·
Registered
233 Posts
It is very hard to set a price without knowing the condition. They do not bring real big bucks. I've seen them at gun shows from $200 for a nice original clean one to over $500 for a extra minty one.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,216 Posts
The Colt Junior came much later, and was actually made by Star or Astra, and labelled a Colt. The M1908, Model N, was called the Vest Pocket Model.
Agree on the price. A large proportion of these guns seem to have been (poorly) refinished over the years, and those often are priced in the $200 range. Minty originals, with box and/or optional finishes or grips, can definitely be up in the $500 range.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts