1911Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting another M1991A1 somethin' fierce! I've got an opportunity to get one but I'm going to have to trade to do it. My question is which of these three would you let go?
1)Bushmaster flat-top carbine
2)Glock 26
3)Beretta 96G Elite II

I've gotten rid of a couple of 1911s over the past year, and, as I'm sure you'll agree, realized that was a mistake. This is one of the newest 1991s with the polished slide flats.

------------------
"They all fall to hardball!"

·
Administrator
74,630 Posts
I'll second the motion. Dump the Glock.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well thats what I thought you guys would say. Thats the one out of the three I'd get rid of first also. The only thing is I'd owe money if I traded it. Not much, but some. The Bushy would leave me some money and the Elite II would probably be an even trade.

------------------

·
Registered
293 Posts
get rid of the 96g!!!!!!! :p

i happen to like glocks, though i'm not a fan of the 9mm round much. but the glock subcompact is still one of the best "deepcover' weapons made, i wear my glock 30 (compact 45) when i have to wear a tucked in shirt.

russel the cop

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I tossed the ole' lady and her daughter back before Christmas!
Actually she dumped me, luckily we weren't married and the kid wasn't mine. But I raised her since she was 6 months old up to 4. Thats all behind me now though. Now I blow all my money on guns and my Jeep! I've had 6 or more 1911s, 5 or 6 Berettas and about 14 Glocks over the years. Thats mixed in with an assortment of other guns too, but these three types are my favorite. But the top two are the Colts and Glocks, in that order.

If I get this '91A1 it will be my third one. The only 1911 I own right now is my '43 1911A1 Colt. I still owe my brother for that buy. If I don't trade one of these toward a new 1911 it will probably get sold anyway if I find buyers to wipe out some bills. I can always get another Glock, Elite II, or AR anyhow. Since if I'm stuck with one gun its going to be a 19byGOD11!!

------------------

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,420 Posts
I'd vote for the Beretta. Just in terms of what you need in a personal battery, I don't see the need for the Beretta if you have the '91. The Glock could still come in handy as a carry piece, and the rifle serves a purpose distinct from the pistols. Also, I don't like DA autos on principle, so it would go for that reason, were it mine.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
RickB's got my vote on this one. The G26 allows ankle and pocket (albeit somewhat awkwardly) carry that the others don't. If you carry 8+ hrs a day seven days a week, you'll soon find the need for ankle or pocket carry, whether for a date, church, kids baseball game, or whatever. Keep the Glock, ditch the Beretta. You no longer need it.

·
Registered
370 Posts
my philosophy is NEVER SELL
get a 2nd job or a 3rd, start recycling cans that you pick up on the way home from the 2nd job, and start donating blood or sperm

or find a rich ole lady to buy it for you

------------------
PRK -the crap may start here but does NOT End here --BP45

·
Administrator
74,630 Posts
I've bought and sold lots of guns through the years, and I can only think of two that I miss (a pre-ban Bushy and a LWT Commander). If it's current production you can always buy another one later. But M1991A1, if you sell that '43 Colt remember it'll cost you at least $1200 (current market) to find another one like it! Years from now expect that to nearly double.

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
dsk, I know what you mean my man!
I'm not going to get rid of that '43. I almost sold it to Ty but luckily he passed. I'm just on a real bad 1911 kick right now that needs to be satisfied!

------------------

·
Banned
1,082 Posts
If you traded the Bushmaster .223 on a 1991 I along with many would raise the prices on our mediocre 1911s. To values never before seen. I hope you are'nt serious and am glad you mentioned it last. Well it was second to last let me write some more. Dude I have many 1911s more valuable than a 1991. And I would part with for a Bushmaster in a second. Not really but I hope you see my point.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts