1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a great deal on a colt commander. It appear to be new and unfired. serial#70BS1526.It has plain smooth grips w/colt simbol in the middle(silver)The grip has a lanyard and id guess its 98%.The finish on the barrel is blue and the frame is matte. The frame is steel. If you need any other info let me know. Buy the way I got it for $100!!!

·
Registered
23,688 Posts
Well, you stole it, of course, as long as it works at all.
But...
Colt Combat Commanders (the correct name for the steel frame guns) did not come with lanyard loop mainspring housings and the frame flats were polished, only the curves were matte. The barrel tube was blue but the chamber was white. Sounds like some parts switching and a reblue.
At least if mine is typical.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i think its orginal then. the flat are blue polished and the curves are matte finish. ive heard of other people having the same model w/the lanyard. ill have to call a guy i met from colt and see if he can give me any info. whta are they worth? i know i stole it! a guy wanted to just give it up since he didnt want his carry permit anymore. awesome deal. how for some more in the future.

·
Premium Member
12,006 Posts
I have one in 38 Super that came with a flat smooth lanyard loop housing out of the box. None of my other Commanders came that way, but this one did, so there might have been a few extra MSH laying around that Colt just wanted to clear out. My serial number is less than 100 higher than yours. 70BS16**. The others have 70SC prefixes with 5 digit numbers and are the crappy nickle finish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.