1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Group. I'm new here and I need help with a problem. I have a two month old Auto Ordnance 1911 with about 1000 rounds through it and I am beginning to have problems with it. It has a solid barrel bushing which cracked. I contacted AO and they sent me a new one right away. Now I am having extraction problems. The empty casing is remaining partially in the chamber causing the gun to jam. I checked the extractor and found it to have a degree of side to side play. I compared it to the one on my 15 year old SS Colt and the Colt's is nice and tight. What is the problem here? Do a need a new extractor? I so, should I have AO send me a new one? Should I buy a quality aftermarket one? If so, from who? Or is there a way to fix this one? Also, I have been shooting mostly Wolf ammo if it matters.

Thanks, J.R.

·
Registered
850 Posts
Contact Wilsoncombat.com and order one of their "Bullet Proof" extractors. It will include instructions for assembly and adjustment. Adjustment is critical.

It sounds like you definitely need a new one. There should be no "Side to Side" movement.

Hope this helps.

------------------
ACK

"Make the First Shot Count"!

·
Registered
555 Posts
The steel case in Wolf ammo can be hard on extractors. I agree with Robb, I'd try adjusting it before I bought a new one.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I want to thank everyone for their help and suggestions. I tried bending the extractor and it didnt help. There is still too much slop in the fit. Back and forth as well as side to side. I have decided to contact AO and have them send me a new one under warranty. I will also order a new one from Wilson Combat as an alternate.

One more thing. The ejector is a little loose in the frame. Is this normal? If not, how can I fix it? Should I invest in an extended one from Wilson? Thanks again.

J.R.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Originally posted by santino34:
One more thing. The ejector is a little loose in the frame. Is this normal? If not, how can I fix it? Should I invest in an extended one from Wilson? Thanks again.

J.R.

J.R.,

No, the ejector should not be loose, but maybe the ejector pin just needs to be snugged up a bit. These are usually some type of roll pin that can be "spread" so that they are tighter. I would try that route first, if 'twere me............

Rich

·
Registered
417 Posts
Jeeze, it sounds like your gun is falling apart! Rich in VA is right...the ejector and the extractor should both be snug.

In light of the other problems this gun has, I would check to see if it's still under warranty, summarize all these problems, and send it back for factory repair.

I wouldn't go out and get a custom one like you mention...it would just complicate your problems at this point. Other changes must be made to a gun when an extended ejector is installed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts