1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have built a half a dozen 1911 over the years. I don't consider myself a gunsmith but all of the others have gone together with little problems. This latest I was using one of the Palmetto State Arms receivers and it has fought me all the way. I won't go into the long story but it is finally together but has a trigger problem.

9 out of 10 times when I work the slide the hammer drops fine. On the tenth try the trigger pulls back but the sear does not release. If I work the slide again it always works the second time. Usually when this happens when I go to work the slide I feel it kind of bind then clicks and then it works.

So I am thinking the disconnect may be binding or is not sticking up the correct amount. I have heard there are dimensional drawings available so wondering where the best set to download would be. Seems there are always some sites that don't have as good as information as others.

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1911 dwgs

That's perfect. Thanks for the link. Now if I can figure out the sear/disconnet issue I'll be good. Bill

·
Registered
353 Posts
There is an incorrect dimension for the disconnector in the redux drawing.
Redux shows the dimension from the bottom of the square hole to the top of the disconnector paddle as .337".
Jerry Kuhnhausen has the correct dimension of .307" on page 165 of his volume 2.
At .337" the disconnector paddle would never reach the lower sear leg.
The redux drawings are otherwise done very nicely.

·
Premium Member
11,558 Posts
There is an incorrect dimension for the disconnector in the redux drawing....
I didn't catch that one although I did catch one on the revised REDUX drawing. I contacted the fellow that did them and he seemed a bit irritated at me about it. :scratch: Oh well....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts