1911Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got a new series 70 repro.
It has had no failures so far, no FTF, FTE etc... and is quite accurate.
My problem is when ejecting the brass it throws them straight up and a few right back into my forhead.
I can see where the cases are hitting the bottom of the ejection port which is causing this.
Is this something i should send it back to Colt for ?
What are my options here ?

·
Premium Member
5,967 Posts
DEFIANT said:
My problem is when ejecting the brass it throws them straight up and a few right back into my forhead. I can see where the cases are hitting the bottom of the ejection port which is causing this.
Sounds like you already have the problem solved...you can do a couple of things...

1. Open up the ejection port, thereby negating some of the collector value of the gun
  2. Put a little stronger recoil spring in 'er, and she maybe won't come rippin' back outta battery as hard :p

·
Administrator
79,271 Posts
Congratulations, you just found out why so many 1911s have their ejection ports lowered in the first place! The early narrow ejection port is famous for causing this sort of thing, because the case has too small a window to escape from, and unless it exits at exactly the right angle it'll hit the side of the ejection port and bounce right back at you.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok, so I know why it's doing it, is this something Colt should, would (or could) fix under warranty ?
Also, after reading the thread about the slides being machined off center I see that mine is too.
Not as bad a some pictured, but off center none the less.

·
Administrator
79,271 Posts
I would suggest calling them on both matters to find out. 1-800-962-COLT.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.