1911Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need help with reassembling 80 Series....sear/disconnector relationship

I replaced my long trigger with a short and need guidance re-assembling the mag release and help with orientation of the sear/hammer ect.....I'm using M1911.org disassembly instructions but I don't want to force the mag release back in. Do I just drop it in and turn the screw or do I have to push the button back in?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, I've got the mag release back in. Now, I need help with the orientation of the sear/disconnector and hammer.

The pin that holds in the sear parts, do I re-insert from the right to left or left to right with the round end to the right or left?

According to the parts diagram, part number 52....trigger bar lever, where does this go?

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It doesn't show where the flat, boomerang part with the hole goes or it's relation to the sear/disconnector assembly. Any help?

I'm referring to the yellow part in this illustration but it doesn't show if it is to the left or right or where.....in relation to the S/D assembly....

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
Defining right as the ejection port side of the gun. The boomerang part sits on the right. Place the sear on the disconect and put them in the gun, place the sear pin half way through the sear hole from the left side, place the boomerang part to the right of the sear, push the sear pin all the way in.

PS The boomerang part, (Trigger Bar Lever) in the picture is on top of the sear. If you lay your gun down on the picture the relationship may be more clear.
good luck.

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
If you are asking about the yellow part, (Trigger Bar Lever), it goes on top or to the right of the sear.

·
Registered
579 Posts
Rrotz said:
That thing is a PITA to get in there! Any tips on getting the trigger bar lever back in? That's part #52 on the diagram, right?
Yeah, get a spacer.My first disassembly was a headache.The spacer saves alot of time.

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
here is what I do. Put the disconector in the center of the sear and lay it in the gun, the head of the disconector should be just in the hole of the frame and both should be resting on the back of the trigger bow. Start the sear pin in the frame. I now lay the gun on its side and nudge the parts to center them over the hole. After getting the pin half way in I lay the lever on top of the sear and then use the firing pin from the right side of the frame, placing it throught the sear hole to align the lever. once aligned push the sear pin all the way in.

It goes quick once you get the hang of it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think I have it but after putting the other parts back in with the mainspring housing the hammer cocks but wont stay cocked. I might have the big sear oriented wrong, I need to double check.....it is oriented correctly, so is the disconnect....the long part with the flat against the trigger....

also the thumb safety won't seat flush now, i have the hammer to the rear like it's cocked and the grip safety in......

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
damn, i'm messing up parts now. the mainspring housing got stuck when I re-installed it and i levered it out with a flathead screwdriver between the top of the MSH and the grip safety.....thus wedging a square shape out of the plastic MSH.....dammit!

·
Premium Member
4,463 Posts
It gets easier each time. Twenty years ago it took me forty minutes to reassemble my Gold Cup and when I finally got it back together I was drenched in sweat.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts