1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello group,picked up a pre 64 WIN 70 ser#223xxx cal.30/06.Rifle is in fair shape for it's age!Does anyone remember what was the "in scope/power/maker" that was being used back in the mid 50's?The rifle came w/Redfield rings and mount along with a 4x BUSHNELL scope.
thank you,
BRUNO1911

·
Registered
23,262 Posts
Before my time, but in the '60s and '70s around here Redfield scopes were IT.

Strangely, when I bought my pre-64, it had Redfield mounts and a Weatherby scope, the one with the in-line adjustment turret.

Looking in the late '50s 'Rifles, a Modern Encyclopedia' and 1956 Stoegers, it seems that the old Leupold and Stevens were pretty popular, Redfield wasn't yet selling their own scopes, but Lyman had the All American line and there were a ton of Weavers. Bushnell was already available. You would certainly be in style with a Weaver K4 or K6 and those are pretty common to find.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jim Watson said:
Before my time, but in the '60s and '70s around here Redfield scopes were IT.

Strangely, when I bought my pre-64, it had Redfield mounts and a Weatherby scope, the one with the in-line adjustment turret.

Looking in the late '50s 'Rifles, a Modern Encyclopedia' and 1956 Stoegers, it seems that the old Leupold and Stevens were pretty popular, Redfield wasn't yet selling their own scopes, but Lyman had the All American line and there were a ton of Weavers. Bushnell was already available. You would certainly be in style with a Weaver K4 or K6 and those are pretty common to find.
Thank you Sir for the information.
BRUNO1911

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.