1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm new to the forums, but I'm looking for a 1911 to add to my collection. I have s&w M&P .40 and compact 9mm. but was thinking of a kimber. im thinking about the pro cdp ll .45. it points well for me and fits my hand nice. what do you guys think about it? whats the recoil like, whats the best all around kimber to get, dosent have to be for carry, just home defense and at the range.

·
Registered
3,454 Posts
That's easy, any with the name Kimber. :)

Find the one that fits (your hand and budget). Kimber has an excellent selection and you are not likely to find a bad one.

With that said, I LOVE my SIS. The SIS "family" has four models. 3" (Ultra), 4" (Pro) and 5" (Custom and Custom RL). These are not the least expensive (by a long way) nor the most expensive of the Kimbers. They are the ones with Series 70 action (no firing pin block [except in Kalifornia]). They come standard with "night sites", ambi safety (I'm Left handed and I don't like the ambi), a very slick (to the touch) finish and (a GOOD feature) 30 lpi checkering on the front strap.

Pick one that fits you. :rock:

·
Premium Member
20,418 Posts
If it's just for home and the range, stick with a full-size 1911. Watch the auction ads and see if you can find a used Kimber Classic, pre Series-II. Basic gun, excellent quality, usually around $600 (unless it's a Clackamas, Oregon rollmark, then much higher).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts