1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My slide and frame are 100% like new and want something that will not mess that up.
I have a simple cheap nylon one just to protect it when at range but know it will wear the finish badly. It was bought years ago just to wear on belt while at the range while another gun was in use.

Should I just get a leather inside pants? I might carry even though at times instead of the 5906S&W it is a service model ace with a 45 top end {CCW}
What are the cons to that type? 5'4" 128 was 118:)

·
Registered
5,708 Posts
I'm also vertically challenged. :)
Don't have alot of butt. The 5" 1911 hits whatever I'm sitting on before I do. My Commander is close, but okay with an FBI cant IWB/OWB. For reference, I tried a Sparks 55BN and it alleviated the problem but sat too high, for me. I reckon' I could find something between' if I was going to start totin' a FS 1911 for CCW. Hopefully some of the folks here will be more helpful.
A Milt Sparks SSII or VMII will certainly allow one to carry a 5" 1911 and depending on body type, with some comfort.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I went with a Tucker Gunleather Silent Thunder for my SA Trophy Match. I made this decision based on their reputation. I haven't received it yet so I can comment on whether or not it wears on the finish.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
My slide and frame are 100% like new and want something that will not mess that up.
I have a simple cheap nylon one just to protect it when at range but know it will wear the finish badly. It was bought years ago just to wear on belt while at the range while another gun was in use.

Should I just get a leather inside pants? I might carry even though at times instead of the 5906S&W it is a service model ace with a 45 top end {CCW}
What are the cons to that type? 5'4" 128 was 118:)
In a Bore Stor laying in the safe. :D

A good leather holster will likely show the least wear, but 0 wear is not possible.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
http://www.c5leather.com/

The Montana XLT works pretty well for me (not as vertically challenged at 5'8") but from years of riding a bicycle (some racing, mostly just riding) my "sitting muscles" are a bit overdeveloped. It works out ok because pants that fit comfortably have enough room for an IWB, but placement becomes an issue. So far, the Montana XLT seems to be working pretty well for me.

Good quality, reasonable price, accurate backlog listed on his webpage.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I went with a Tucker Gunleather Silent Thunder for my SA Trophy Match. I made this decision based on their reputation. I haven't received it yet so I can comment on whether or not it wears on the finish.
The Silent Thunder will work on a handgun the same as a leather holster as the Silent Thunder is leather-lined.

I don't like Kydex or IWB holsters. I love leather. But, I am going to like the Silent Thunder. I got mine yesterday and I wore it all day today. It is working for me and my Springfields. I have been losing weight, so now there is room for it in my pants and the belt has a few extra holes, too.

It, also, helps that Rob and Tucker are good people to do business with. You will probably like it, too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts