1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering one of these I found for sale. It is the stainless model. I am not even remotely familiar with this pistol, other than it has an external extractor. From what I have heard, it me be pre-CZ. Does anyone know anything about them? What about approximate value?

·
Registered
8,648 Posts
Be happy to help. Look on the port side of the slide. Is the inscription 'PTM-S'? What does the Serial start with 'YG'? If so, a very good gun. Most likely a forged frame, with the blank from the S&W foundary. Very accurate, as well. Asking price?

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'll have to see if I can see that stuff in the pics. As far as price, $850. I don't know why I put it as stainless.......It is blued. I have been looking at too many pistols tonight! It is a PTM-B.

**EDIT**--It does start with a YG. It is number 798.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Hay Neener, I was hoping I would see you over here. I knew someone could answer your questions and Mr Severns is the man. Once you get the Dan Wesson, and everybody here knows you'll get it, you might have to join the COTEP.

GeorgiaCarry and GeorgiaPacking both need more than one COTEP member.

I'll be seeing you around.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Cool, a blued one!

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hay Neener, I was hoping I would see you over here. I knew someone could answer your questions and Mr Severns is the man. Once you get the Dan Wesson, and everybody here knows you'll get it, you might have to join the COTEP.

GeorgiaCarry and GeorgiaPacking both need more than one COTEP member.

I'll be seeing you around.

LoneOak, I already own a Cbob...........:rock:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
LoneOak, I already own a Cbob...........:rock:

I'll let you shoot my CCO if I can shoot your CBOB:rock::rock:

So why haven't you already joined the COTEP?

Do I have to come to Savannah or do you want to come to Atlanta:biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
I'll let you shoot my CCO if I can shoot your CBOB:rock::rock:

So why haven't you already joined the COTEP?

Do I have to come to Savannah or do you want to come to Atlanta:biglaugh::biglaugh:

You can come down here, 'cuz I try to stay away from that madhouse!!

Nobody can help with info on this pistol???

·
Premium Member
6,672 Posts
Same deal as what Dave said, only it's blued.

There is a sticky at the top of the page. You may get more info there. You may want to Google it as well.

The price may be a tad high, but it's a great gun. It was the flagship at the time.

Bob

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just figured, since Dave asked about "YG" in the serial number, which was confirmed, it may have some signifigance. There's not much about this pistol out there!

·
Banned
486 Posts
I am considering one of these I found for sale. It is the stainless model. I am not even remotely familiar with this pistol, other than it has an external extractor. From what I have heard, it me be pre-CZ. Does anyone know anything about them? What about approximate value?
I don't think I can name the place you saw it. If it's a bob the guy says it 2006 bob patriot. It's been in a safe, in factory goop, looks good, I couldn't get enough info to know if it was worth buying or not, If I am wrong, I didn't mean to intrude, I did see one that was driving me crazy. I wanted it, but the Valor won.

There seems to be a lot less info on those here than I thought I could get. and as a famous man once said

"i wish you all the luck in the world"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts