1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need any info on the Smith & Wesson 410s. I have a chance to pick on up for $300.00 (about 150 rounds through it), I did a search on here as well as on Google and I have not been able to find any reviews on this pistol. I have found new pricing for it at A little over $500.00
Thanks for all info,
Emmett

·
Registered
483 Posts
I have the 9MM version, the 910S and it has been flawless in 2,000 rounds and two trips to the range without cleaning back to back. I would trust my life to this gun.

·
Premium Member
2,158 Posts
My dad has the 910 also. He was going to get the 410 but settled on the 910 since the 410 was out of stock where he got it. He has no regrets on the 910...it has run flawlessly. I`ve shot it too and only have a concern over the trigger pull....seems awfully stiff. Other than that, it seems like a dandy.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Am I the only one who thinks these are underrated pistols? I know S&W had some issues in the past, but for the money and the fact the gun has been flawless its quite a reasonable weapon.

·
Administrator
13,322 Posts
908,910(915),410(411),457 these are all 3rd Gen plain vanilla price point guns S&W sold mostly in the 90's and early 2000's . No Novak sights , non-ambi safety/decock , squared slide contour , alloy frame , etc .
$300 sounds fair enough for a like new model . However , there a quite a few S&W police trades in the market these days . Some pretty nice 4006 CHP guns out there for about the same money . I'd like to see you buy it for $250 . :)

·
Registered
3,451 Posts
Emmett -

They show as the replacement for the older 4013. As described above. Same grip to bore axis angle as a 1911, W I D E body (double stack). My problem with a 4006 was that it was too comfortable to shoot. You tend to relax your grip after a while (I did 4,000 rounds in three months) and that can cause problems (for me it was a pulled tendon in my wrist when I shot a Glock 35 with the flashlight hanging on the end). Two years to get over that. :mad:

With the alloy frame I'll bet it will not be quite as comfortable, but still nice.

For $300 with CT laser sights, I'd buy it.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Had a 410. Bought it new for something like $369 years ago.

Pros: Excellent DA and SA trigger - in fact I'd say superb trigger for a DA/SA gun, decent ergonomics/pointing, 100% reliable, OK accuracy for the price point (maybe 3-4" at 25 yds).

Cons: Safety not to my liking (different from a 1911), front sight mounted a bit crooked, reach to trigger a bit close in SA.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it for someone on a budget who needs a reliable autoloader. Also have a friend whose wife loves her 908. Fits her hand and the reach is just right for her.

I sold it because I'm a 1911 nut and the manual of arms just wasn't for me. But it was a good gun, especially for the price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts