1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be purchasing first 1911 as soon as permit comes in. For a price range of $ 600 to $ 700. the SA "loaded" in SS or Blue seems to be a real good value. Seems a better value than the Kimber Royal (low $700's or a Colt XSE (high $ 700's. Comments and opinions are appreciated.

G

·
Opinions vary widely. My advice is to find a place where you can test samples of each and decide for yourself. There are strong supporters and complaints on all 3 camps. I had problems with my SA but then others didn't.

· Registered
134 Posts
I recently purchased my first 1911. It is a Springfield Armory px9181L. Stainless full size loaded, V-12 compensator ports, adjustable target sights. I have several hundred rounds through it. No problems. It shoots straight... very pleasant gun. If I have to gripe, it would be that the instruction manual included seems to be for a different model, and the illustrations are too small, and made unnecessarily complicated. Just throw the manual in the trash like I did, and enjoy the gun

· Registered
1,066 Posts
A $700.00 Kimber might be better than a $700.00 springfield. The Kimber will have a better trigger in 90% of the cases. Just look at the Specs. The kimber will average 1-1.5 lbs less. Course you can have the Springfield smithed for $60.00.

· Registered
74 Posts
My first SA 1911 (not my first 1911) was a Champion Parkerized Loaded. I haven't a single complaint about QC or function.

The only deviation from advertised specs was that the trigger pull seemed heavier than the 5-6# advertised. $100 to local gunsmith for 4# trigger, and it's a sweet pistol.

The gun has functioned reliably for over 250 rounds of ball, reloads and HP ammo using both standard supplied mags and also with 4 additional SA mags purchased with coupons.

· Registered
3,837 Posts
I bought the SA and had a small problem resulting in the warranty wait. My first 1911. It seems like a good gun though. I still reccommend it. You may also want to look at the Colt XSE's another time. A little more, but maybe a slightly higher level of finnish and inspection make the added price. I don't have any experience to support the Colt statment, just reading.

· Registered
294 Posts
I have 2 Kimbers & 2 Colts, and I love all 4 pistols. I don't own any Springfields because they didn't feet right in my hand. They had a block feeling and the grip was very sharp and painful to hold on to. All that proves is that you must evaluate each weapon yourself and choose the one that fits you the best.

------------------
Hero45
NRA Member

· Registered
1 Posts
I just recently bought a SA "Loaded" 1911 in SS. I looked at the colts, the Kimbers, and the one I eventually bought. The Kimbers were very nice, the colts were alright, but for the price, I found the SA a thing of beauty. I have had it for 1 month w/o 1 single problem and am extremely satisfied.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.